Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were in Bangor some 30 miles from home. It had rained hard all day and I was getting a little edgy so suggested we set off home before it got dark.We were turned back about 3 miles from home with a massive flood across the road - only lorries were getting through. We crossed country to the other main road through floods and rivers (all on the roads) The second main road had a wall washed out with stones washed across the road and a flood 6-8 inches deep. Got through that. We followed a van into the next flood, he stalled and blocked the road so I had to reverse and do a 3 point turn. (not easy on a 9 ft. road) The next obstacle was a river flowing across the main road, the Highways people on the scene advised a retreat, we crossed that one OK. Three or four more "puddles" and we arrived home. The journey took two hours.
I just let Betty have her head - in 1st gear and relying on the electronics. She got us through every time. Following the 2009/10 and the 10/11 winters when Betty dealt with icy hills and ungritted roads, I had faith in a well engineered piece of kit, she did not let me down.
Oh and she passed her MOT first time!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Well Terfyn,Your Betty got you home once again. It does help to know your area / boundaries, to be able to easily decide upon alternative routes to allow you to get home safe and sound. You sure live in an interesting and sometimes challengingpart of the U.K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts