Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Yeti owners.
I have a 2013 SE Yeti that until an hour ago had working folding mirrors. When I switched the ignition on a short time ago the mirrors stayed tucked in. I assumed that a fuse had blown???... but in the Owners Handbook I can't see a fuse for the door mirrors listed.
Could anyone advise please.
Thanks in anticipation.

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wes

Couple of things to check. Do the mirrors unfold when you use the switch on the drivers door? Have you tried a windows open/close reset? Sounds strange, I know but try resetting the windows by holding the window closure switch up to close the windows. When closed let go for then hold up again for a few seconds. You may here a click. Works when windows fail to stay closed and has also been known to resolve the mirrors folding issue.

Last thing is are there any other strange issues with electrics in the front door, door locking, window closure etc? Early 2013 models suffer from known issue of wires in the door loom breaking and it was replaced by a redesign in 2013. If your door looms from A pillar to door are U shaped than you have the newer design but if straight then susceptible to the broken wire problem and if you pull back the rubber cover you may see any damage to the wiring.

Reactions: Crianza

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the forums Wes
Snowgood has pointed out the only thing I know and that is the wiring issue some fell foul to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear SnowGood.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I am sorry that I have been away from email and am only just responding.

Shortly after I posted my question I went to my Yeti and I opened and then locked my doors several times to see if the mirrors would open... however with no luck. I then turned the rotary mirror control dial to the position which in theory would bring the mirrors in... and I then turned the dial back to the 'normal' position and hey presto the mirrors opened, and have continued to do so ever since.

I did this before I accessed your website and so didn't see your response. However... I will remember your tip just in case I have a repeat of the problem.

As an aside the website looks really useful and I will try to regularly access the site and look at some of the email trails.

Thank you.

Wes.

·
Administrator
5,506 Posts
Glad things are back to how they should be. Do pop back anytime we try to be a friendly forum and there is a mine of information related to the yeti for you to discover.

Reactions: Crianza

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks Snowgood for your excellent tip. Electric folding mirrors working properly using the switch inside but not after exiting the car and holding the lock button on the fob once. Tried the trick of opening the window, closing it and then trying to close it again. Distinct click and hey presto, mirrors closing on the fob again. Cheers buddy.Edited by: Ohvienna

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I have a similar thing with electric windows and mirrors acting erratically. late 2013, 2 Ltr TDI, 2 wheel drive, 54,000.
Mirrors have always worked fine on the fob until a couple of weeks ago, when for some reason the windows lowered on holding the fob door lock button down.
Sometimes they all go down halfway sometimes all the way down and again sometimes both the front and passenger side rear will open but not the drivers side rear.
I have tried the tip with the car internal window switch and it seems to have worked, the mirrors are now behaving themselves again,.
Is there a fob press or combination of presses that should open the windows remotely? And is there a way of disabling that option? As it seems a dodgy option to me especially as I do not have young children or a dog, I pressed the fob to lock the car and fold the mirrors a couple of weeks ago and when I got back to the car the windows were open, not ideal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In addition

Hi
I have a similar thing with electric windows and mirrors acting erratically. late 2013, 2 Ltr TDI, 2 wheel drive, 54,000.
Mirrors have always worked fine on the fob until a couple of weeks ago, when for some reason the windows lowered on holding the fob door lock button down.
Sometimes they all go down halfway sometimes all the way down and again sometimes both the front and passenger side rear will open but not the drivers side rear.
I have tried the tip with the car internal window switch and it seems to have worked, the mirrors are now behaving themselves again,.
Is there a fob press or combination of presses that should open the windows remotely? And is there a way of disabling that option? As it seems a dodgy option to me especially as I do not have young children or a dog, I pressed the fob to lock the car and fold the mirrors a couple of weeks ago and when I got back to the car the windows were open, not ideal.
All the doors and mirrors have always done what the should when using controls within the Yeti, my issues with windows opening and mirrors folding have been remote on the fob.

My Yeti has the latest looped horse shoe shaped door looms so I don't think there are any wiring loom issues.

Great car, wife loves it and chooses to go it it rather than my SLK 230 Komp. On recent trip to the Lake District and home again I averaged 63.2 MPG, round trip of 680 miles.

I'm not sure what model it is, it has the Skoda built in sat nav with the SD card reader, media player and DVD player, blue tooth, reversing sensors, aux socket and the silver roof rails, leather heated seats etc etc etc. ???

Would love it to have a bit more umph when taking off, so thinking about a remap.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
As you probably know if holding the lock button down the windows should close if opened and if unlock button is held down they should open if closed.

If windows closed the mirrors should start folding after about 2 - 3 seconds if lock button is held down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Couple of things to check. Do the mirrors unfold when you use the switch on the drivers door? Have you tried a windows open/close reset? Sounds strange, I know but try resetting the windows by holding the window closure switch up to close the windows. When closed let go for then hold up again for a few seconds. You may here a click. Works when windows fail to stay closed and has also been known to resolve the mirrors folding issue.
Found this thread via Google search and just want to say thanks! We had an issue with folding mirrors and resetting the windows resolved it. One-shot up/down had also stopped working on the OSR window. Closing the window fully, releasing the switch, and then holding it again did the trick. Sure enough, there was an audible click and then both one-shot windows and auto-folding mirrors started working again.

I assume it’s related to the fact I keep knocking the rear window down rather than the drivers window when I’m in the driving seat, and then fumble around to find the correct switch. The Yeti is my Mrs’ car. I drive a 3-door so I’m not used to rear windows and it catches me out every time I reach for the window switch!

Thanks all!

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wes

Last thing is are there any other strange issues with electrics in the front door, door locking, window closure etc? Early 2013 models suffer from known issue of wires in the door loom breaking and it was replaced by a redesign in 2013. If your door looms from A pillar to door are U shaped than you have the newer design but if straight then susceptible to the broken wire problem and if you pull back the rubber cover you may see any damage to the wiring.
So grateful for this forum and questions like these (& answers like these!) Quick tinker with my windows and hey presto, the wing mirrors retract once again. Thank you👏👏

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome to the forum Wes

Glad things are back to how they should be. Do pop back anytime we try to be a friendly forum and there is a mine of information related to the yeti for you to discover.
Hi Snowgood thank goodness for this forum. I have a 2017 Yeti SE L. I was rear ended at the end of March ( not much damage. Bumper and tail pipe, some paintwork ). However it took 6 weeks to source parts and when my car was returned, lo and behold remote folding mirrors didn’t work. The car was unused whilst waiting for parts. I tried the reset windows tip and it worked first time. I love my Yeti and this forum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts