Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off the cuff here, I have just bought a Foxwell NT301 Scanner for personal use and I have tried to register it on there website for updates etc to no avail.
Has anyone here tried to do the same and have no joy?

cheers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you buy it from a reputable source or could it be a fake? What do you have to do to register it?
I did buy it from flea bay. The odd thing is that I contacted the seller and they said send the Serial Number to them and they will check it. That’s alarm bells to me as I had stated the Foxwell web site does not accept the S/N. I think I will send it back and get my money returned and buy it from someone I can trust. But who can you trust these days apart from you guys. 🤪🤪🤪😳

·
Registered
639 Posts
It's hard to identify a trustworthy on-line seller, what with fake reviews and clever web sites. I'm hoping to avoid the non-working part situation as I search for a new laptop battery. 👀

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
My laptop was custom made by Chillblast in Dorset, the battery is on the way out and the replacement will come from Chillblast. Probably more expensive but a safer supplier.

·
Super Moderator
12,675 Posts
I did buy it from flea bay. The odd thing is that I contacted the seller and they said send the Serial Number to them and they will check it. That’s alarm bells to me as I had stated the Foxwell web site does not accept the S/N. . 🤪🤪🤪😳
I always use PayPal on Fleabay, not bombproof but has got me two refunds so far. You can also arrange to make payment to PayPal two weeks after purchase, this gives time for the item to arrive (assuming not coming from China) and if it is a fake contact Paypal to cancel payment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
  • I always use PayPal on Fleabay, not bombproof but has got me two refunds so far. You can also arrange to make payment to PayPal two weeks after purchase, this gives time for the item to arrive (assuming not coming from China) and if it is a fake contact Paypal to cancel payment.
    I too and most of my buying over the tinternet is done this way, also to double up I use a credit card as well linked to PayPal so I not getting clobbered either way. 😳🤪

1 - 7 of 7 Posts