Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frogs re-appeared in our pond today which means it's officially spring! Winter tyres now off and summers back on. Had to take them off anyway as I'm collecting my new Outdoor SE 110 4x4 next Sunday.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Funny you should say that but "my" newts reappeared yesterday evening!
Nearly stood on them - ouch, as I am strangely fond of them.
Now - just use your imagination a bit - it may be the time of year that YETIs come out of hibernation as well, now that would be a shock!!

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Last Tuesday morning I heard the beginnings of this years first dawn chorus. The daffs have been flowering their socks off for weeks, and a large Daphne was smothered in opening buds. Such a contrast to the floods. I haven't heard any news for the last few days but wish all those affected the best of luck.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
Last Tuesday morning I heard the beginnings of this years first dawn chorus. The daffs have been flowering their socks off for weeks, and a large Daphne was smothered in opening buds. Such a contrast to the floods. I haven't heard any news for the last few days but wish all those affected the best of luck.

Daphne has been flowering for 2 week here and smells so nice, can smell it all across the garden from down wind
, roll on warmer dryer days, the sound of my mower running, and longer working days

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hey wakev, hope your talking about 'working' days as on our Yeti's and, not actually going out to work longer hours/days.Yeah,OK I'm old soI've done my bit for Queen & Country.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Tick Tock said:
Yeah,OK I'm old soI've done my bit for Queen & Country.

Forget Queen and Country, its working to saving for my next Yeti
, and van and mowers and chain saws

·
Registered
760 Posts
Dear Hood,
I am sure there are some on here who will be pleased to know the daffs are in bloom ready for the 1st of March, unless they are true traditionalists of course!

Whereas wakev, I like your style, being focused on the important things in life!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hoody, Whats all this about "large Daphne" was smothered in opening buds. Last time I saw her she was covered in open sores!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Frogs back up after a few days of lower temperatures. Heron now shows up at breakfast time for a quick recce......

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
I hate Heron's, at the moment my pond is still covered, but no longer to keep leaves out just a blooming great Heron. My neighbour feeds all the cats in the area but there's never one about when you need it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice pictures guys

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bloody **** it must be warm down there Hood, I have barely got snowdrops out here, daffs must be at least 3-4 weeks off

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Andy831 said:
Bloody **** it must be warm down there Hood, I have barely got snowdrops out here, daffs must be at least 3-4 weeks off

When I went to work yesterday morning it was -1 and the rear o/s passenger door handle was frozen solid. They are a very early variety called Rijnveld's Early sensation. Last year and the year before they were out at Christmas. April 1st all the flowers will be taken off then I can cut the grass on May 15th.I get Daffs, Snowdrops and Crocus all at the same time.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I managed to bag a few of those Daffs, I missed the boat last year as they do not seem to be that plentiful in fact I had to buy them online as they were not available at any of the local nurseries.

It will be interesting to see when they flower compared to yours Mr Hood.

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
I already have parts of the garden blocked off as they are coming through, some are around three inches tall. One of the Isle of Scilly daffs in the back garden has already flowered but was flattened by the wind. My main collection came from R Scamp who I think is near Plymouth.

At the moment the drive is being replaced and I have fenced the daffs off to keep the builders away.
The Yeti is stranded in the garage for two weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:
I already have parts of the garden blocked off as they are coming through, some are around three inches tall. One of the Isle of Scilly daffs in the back garden has already flowered but was flattened by the wind. My main collection came from R Scamp who I think is near Plymouth.

At the moment the drive is being replaced and I have fenced the daffs off to keep the builders away.
The Yeti is stranded in the garage for two weeks.

You can't trust builders, they are ether late or so early you don't get time to get the car out before they block you in

Edited by: wakev

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
And THAT is where the Ford Fusion comes in I suspect...

·
Registered
339 Posts
With that lot going on on the drive, in the garage is the only place for the Yeti!

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Andy831 said:
I managed to bag a few of those Daffs, I missed the boat last year as they do not seem to be that plentiful in fact I had to buy them online as they were not available at any of the local nurseries.

It will be interesting to see when they flower compared to yours Mr Hood.

Ihave lost the use of the front and back gardens as the daffs are through all over the place. This poor little soul is struggling to survive in the front garden amongst the rubble from the drive. It was under the rubble by the first variegated holly in the pictures above.

Edited by: The Hood

1 - 20 of 21 Posts