Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
As the missus was saying goodbye this morning she wound down the front passenger side window - all good. However when she activated the button to wind it up it fully closed and then autmatically wound back down to the half way level.

Naturally I thought she was doing something wrong so I had a go myself, same thing it fully closed and then went back to the half way point.

I eventually managed to close it but had to time the release of the button to the window being justclosed. The front drivers side is working as normal - didn't have time to see how the rear windows were behaving.

I guessing it is some type of setting - any answers welcome

·
Registered
159 Posts
Press and hold the up button on the door of the affected window for 3 whole seconds; and then do it again. Window will reset and work normally again.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Also check to see that there is nothing obstructing or stuck on the window or in the window track like mud or dirt. Look for "force limiter" in the electric windows section of the manual. Do you have wind deflectors fitted as they can cause issues sometimes.
If you can't find any obvious obstructions then maybe it needs a dealer adjustment. Maybe a window rubber is out of position or something simple like that.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, I have fitted the wind defectors a few months ago but they were not interfering with the window. I reset by holding door button up for more than 3 seconds. It seems to be functioning normally now

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine did exactly the same this week! Wonder what causes this as there where no obstructions or "dirt" of any kind on mine, and the rubbers were all properly in place....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I know this is an old thread but this has started happening on my drivers side window today. Strangely it started happening after I got out of the car and closed the windows by holding down the 'lock' button on the key fob.

The problems being experienced are :

1. 'flick up' window switch does not shut the window fully, I now have to keep the switch in the up position until it is closed.

2. When closing the window, unless I time it perfectly the window reopens again to halfway.

3. getting out of the car and holding the lock button down, closes the window but then it reopens again to half way.

Only the drivers door window is effected, I have tried hold it up for 3 seconds to reset it and it is making no difference.

This is on a FL Yeti CDR SE if that makes any difference.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Being an F/L it will be under warranty take it along to the dealer in case it needs more than just a re set.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks Hood, after posting I did a google search and people with same issue referred to 'page 49' of the manual for reset instructions, (found it on Page 44 in new manual) which tells you to do what has been mentioned above so I thought it must be my timing so I sat and played for a few minutes and it appears to have been reset now and working as should.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts