Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst giving the Yetia a thorough inside clean yesterday I noticed that the front passenger seat was just begining to show signs of wear on the outer front corner, particularly where the stitching is. The car has only covered 8,500 miles with half of that being driver only. The driver's seat has been covered with an Argos padded cover since new and inspection shows this seat to be "as new". Has anyone else noticed this ?.
Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is your interior cloth or leather?I havea 2.0 TDi Elegance, so the interior is leather and it has full covers to prevent damage, but I will be inspecting the seats just in case.
All I can suggest is a trip to the dealer so that they can inspect the seat. If it is wearing prematurely and is under warranty then something can be done about it. It does seem odd though after so little use!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car is a 2.0 TDi SE so the seats are cloth.(Onyx / Silver Cloth)I have noticed this type of wear before on similar "higher built" cars such as on a Kia Sorrento we had a few years back. It would seem that taller people enter the car by "lowering" their backside down onto the seat whereas shorter folk have to drag their bum up and across the seat edge in order to enter. I called Argos the other day to see if the padded cover I have on the driver's seat is still available but it isn't which is a pity as although I originally bought the cover as a comfort aid is obviously keeps the seat in new condition.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I don't have as much movement in my legs as I used to, so getting in and out can be a challenge. I find I drag my legs over the corner of the seat when getting out because of the higher ground clearance. I will definitely be getting seat covers now to help mitigate similar premature seat wear in my vehicle.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
No "damage" to the cloth seats in my 3 year old, 67k mile Yeti.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Llanigraham said:
No "damage" to the cloth seats in my 3 year old, 67k mile Yeti.

That's interesting, how tall are you and your regular front seat passenger then Llanigraham. Mayby it's just a problem with "shorter folk" ?.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
I'm 5' 7", SWMBO is 5' 6". Both average build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts