Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent last Sunday cutting and collection firewood for our woodburner. This involved a two mile round trip for each load. A few hundred yards of the access to the timber involved negotiating a gravel track.

Obviously, I was towing a 6 x 4 box trailer and I estimate the load when full was not far off the 750KG towing limit.

At the end of the day, the fuel consumption on the computer was 23mpg. Not really surprising considering the sort of running I was doing.

At the other end of the scale, my wife later took very illwith severe stomach/chest painsand was carted off to hospital by ambulance, complete with blue lights, morphine drip, air and gas, the whole works, and very scary.

The result was a not very legal dash by me to hospital over a distance of about 25 miles and even though I was obviously a bit distracted, I noticed that our Yeti still managed to return just short of 42mpg. This was the first occasion I had asked the Yeti to show what she was capable of and I was impressed by the performance.

My wife is still in hospital, is fairly comfortable, but despite various tests and scans, they have still not found the problem.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Slaphead,

Seems a bit inappropriate to comment on fuel consumption etc given the circumstances.

So I'll just wish your wife a speedy recovery instead - hope all goes well.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Rolymo,

I am sitting at my computer, killing time before I am due to leave for the afternoon visitingat the hospital. The last thing I need is someone suggesting I am being callous or uncaring.

This will be my last post on the Yeti Owners Forum if this is the sort of response I get.

What do you expect me to do while I am alone in the house, waiting for the hospital to come up with some answers?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hope she gets well soon Slaphead, give her my best wishes for a speedy recovery mate.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Slaphead said:
Hi Rolymo,

I am sitting at my computer, killing time before I am due to leave for the afternoon visitingat the hospital. The last thing I need is someone suggesting I am being callous or uncaring.

This will be my last post on the Yeti Owners Forum if this is the sort of response I get.

What do you expect me to do while I am alone in the house, waiting for the hospital to come up with some answers?

Oh dear - you seem to have completely misunderstood my response.
At no point did I suggest you are uncaring or callous.
I was simply showing my concern for your circumstances and wishing you well.
Sorry if this was not clear in my post.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Best wishes to Mrs Slaphead for a speedy recovery.

·
Administrator
5,143 Posts
We all wish your wife a speedy and full recovery Slaphead, and I am sure it is especially worrying when the cause is not yet diagnosed.

I think Rolymo meant that he wasn't going to add to the debate on fuel consumption in this post as it was more important to wish your wife well, so I hope that when things are looking brighter for you that we do hear from you again on the forum. Take care on those round trips to the hospital.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Slaphead,I'm sure there was no callous intent intended.
I'm new here and I have found everyone friendly & helpful.
I sure we all wish your wife well and, return home to you soon.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Afternoon Rolymo,

I am sorry I reacted as I did to your post. I am obviously a bit uptight about things and having re-read your post, I can see that I misinterpreted your comments.

For everyone who expressed concern for my wife, I am just back from the hospital andfor the third timeher MRI scan has been cancelled, after her fasting all day into late afternoon. She is however feeling a lot better and has no pain whatsoever, and one of the ward nurses has suggested she may have had a stone in her gall-bladder which causes extreme pain, and which has now passed but we will need to wait on the elusive scan for a definitive answer.

Best Regards and thank for the kind thoughts,

Dave

·
Registered
394 Posts
Best wishes to you and your wife, hope to hear from you soon, take care.

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Hi Salaphead best wishes to you and your wife, when she recovers you should show your affections by letting her drive the car, the ultimate accolade! joking aside all the best to you both.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Slaphead,
Glad to hear that your wife's pain has eased and that she is no longer in discomfort. Hopefully the stone has moved and that wll be the end of it.
Best wishes, Shanco

·
Registered
730 Posts
Rolymo said:
Hi Slaphead,

Seems a bit inappropriate to comment on fuel consumption etc given the circumstances.

Hi Slaphead, I truly hope your wife is much improved the next time you contact the hospital. In Rolymo's defence, I did not think he meant you were inappropriate (at least, I hope not). Rather, that he felt HE would be inappropriate to comment. Please do not consider leaving such a jovial and informed forum over this matter.

·
Registered
368 Posts
paulthepedant said:
Rolymo said:
Hi Slaphead,

Hi Slaphead, I truly hope your wife is much improved the next time you contact the hospital. In Rolymo's defence, I did not think he meant you were inappropriate (at least, I hope not). Rather, that he felt HE would be inappropriate to comment. Please do not consider leaving such a jovial and informed forum over this matter.

Just to confirm with everyone on here - yes that is exactly what I meant. What I should have typed (on reflection) is: "Seems a bit inappropriate for ME to comment on etc" - this is where the misinterpretation began. Slaphead and I have exchanged emails on this and we are all friends again. I'll be more careful next time.

Thanks to all on here who thought that's what I meant, hope you all "know" me well enough by now to know that I would never be disrespectful to anyone.

Edited by: Rolymo

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Rolymo said:
Thanks to all on here who thought that's what I meant, hope you all "know" me well enough by now to know that I would never be disrespectful to anyone.

If we thought you had meant it we would have come round and painted your car green!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Hood said:
Hi Salaphead best wishes to you and your wife, when she recovers you should show your affections by letting her drive the car, the ultimate accolade! joking aside all the best to you both.

I know this is really ironic but my wife is the main driver of our Yeti and as she is in hospital, I have unlimited use of it, but as the parking at the hospital is so over-subscribed and haphazard, I point blank refuse to risk damage to the Yeti and am using an 05 plate Kangoo my son owned before we "sold" him the new model Kangoo that the Yeti replaced. It will be up for sale shortly.

My car is an MX5 roadster which, unlike the Yeti, only goes out when the weather is fine.

The weather has got much colder here in Scotland tonight and the roads are thick with salt. No doubt snow will not be that far away now.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Slaphead said:
For everyone who expressed concern for my wife, I am just back from the hospital andfor the third timeher MRI scan has been cancelled, after her fasting all day into late afternoon. She is however feeling a lot better and has no pain whatsoever, and one of the ward nurses has suggested she may have had a stone in her gall-bladder which causes extreme pain, and which has now passed but we will need to wait on the elusive scan for a definitive answer.

Dave, I had my Gall Bladder removed just before Xmas 2012 so I can appreciate the pain your wife has had. They thought I was having a heart attach when the Paramedics turned up at the house!

Please tell her not to worry about the op. Very straightforward keyhole job these days, it sounds muchworse than it is. I was a bit slow coming out of the anaesthetic so stayed in overnight after the op. (plus it was bitterly cold outside and nice and warm in my hospital bed and they weren't in a rush to turf me out!) I was right as rain 48 hours later. 4 little incisions about an inch long, they soon healed up too. I can eat anything now, which I couldn't before the op.

Best wishes H & L.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts