Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This subject has no doubt been done to death but I’ll ask again. 15 plate 1.2 tsi auto, petrol, what realistic mpg can I be expecting, mostly round town driving some A road some motorway

·
Registered
465 Posts
This subject has no doubt been done to death but I’ll ask again. 15 plate 1.2 tsi auto, petrol, what realistic mpg can I be expecting, mostly round town driving some A road some motorway
Around town with my manual version I get 28-31 in towns,45 on long motorway runs,but if speed is kept lower under 60mph 50mpg is possible.Overall average about 37,was a bit better before E10 petrol!

·
Registered
84 Posts
In the 4 months I've had my 2011 1.2 manual I've done around 4000km (2500 miles) and averaged 41mpg.

Most of my journeys are fairly local, say between 5-30 miles, with occasional longer trips of around 120 miles.

I don't thrash the car but neither do I drive like a nun, little road congestion here in Spain so not much stop-start driving.

Not too disappointing for a decent sized car with mediocre aerodynamics powered by a relatively small engine.

Auto transmission will generally cost you a few mpg over manual.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, base Active models do not, no fancy electronics at all in fact which suits me just fine, dozens less things to go wrong. Rear electric windows and bizarrely for Spain, heated door mirrors - that's it.

Even the fuel flap is fully manual - push to open.

I'll certainly never be faced with replacing a clock spring :D

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yep, base Active models do not, no fancy electronics at all in fact which suits me just fine, dozens less things to go wrong. Rear electric windows and bizarrely for Spain, heated door mirrors - that's it.

Even the fuel flap is fully manual - push to open.

I'll certainly never be faced with replacing a clock spring :D
I know the early E model Yetis had wind up rear windows,and no traction control,also steel wheels,but apart from that all other electric gadgetry.My S model has the push open fuel flap.

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
Remember also that Kin-El is in Espania. So trim specifications would have been different for that market, at the time.

It would be interesting for example, to learn if his car runs steel wheels, and if so, exactly what size the wheels and tyres are? For comparison with those fitted to UK spec cars.

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
Cheers!
Interestingly that's same tyre width as the 16" dia. alloys that come with lower powered Yetis in UK specs.
20mm wider than the tyres on the spare (steel) wheel supplied as part of the official spare wheel kit in UK.

I would guess that means the rim width of the wheels is slightly wider too. The UK steel spares are 5.5Jx16 ET50.
Compared to the alloys at 7Jx16 ET45.

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti Outdoor 1.2 TSI [110] SE L Drive 5dr DSG
1 Posts
I have a 17 plate 1.2 auto petrol. I WAS getting 39.5 on generally similar motoring, since using E10 petrol I’m getting 35.5.

·
Registered
2013 Elegance
20 Posts
there seems to be a lot of talk on other forums about drop in MPG since the introduction of E10. I have changed to Tesco premium momentum E5 fuel and maintained average consumption in my 1.2TSI DSG at 39.
of course it costs 5 percent more than regular.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts