Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
My fuel gauge had still been reading FULL after a couple of hundred miles from fill-up. (previously posted).
Pleased now back to normal and can only assume it was a sticking float which resolved after thumping yet another rain filled pothole which merely looked like a shallow puddle.
Mind you, when I went into the dealer to ask how the reading was taken from the tank, he showed me a replacement VW 'dry mechanism' from the parts dept. which looked no more sophisticated than a Blue Peter copy of my home cistern's float and arm system.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The car is on the level and is under a carport. I will give my local dealer a shout and let them know I have a issue with the gauge.
I will give the bumpy road a try next time.

thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car is on the level and is under a carport. I will give my local dealer a shout and let them know I have a issue with the gauge.
I will give the bumpy road a try next time.

thanks for all your help.
Happened to our 2016 Yeti fuel gauge read zero with amber light on for around a week when it suddenly rectified itself for no apparent reason and it has been fine ever since

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Happened to our 2016 Yeti fuel gauge read zero with amber light on for around a week when it suddenly rectified itself for no apparent reason and it has been fine ever since
That’s interesting, I have booked it into a Skoda Dealership so will let you all know of the outcome.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
Still keep us up to date though, please.

If I was a betting man, I’d put down a wager that on the day it goes in, it will come back with a report that says words to the effect of “No faults found”. The dealer will do nothing else. But you will have logged the occurrence in their system. So if it does happen again, you’ll have a marker in the sand to show it first occurred during the warranty period.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Guttergecko,
Quote "Update, just got in the car this morning and the fuel gauge is working again.
Will keep and eye on it and post my updates."

Ok just to let you know, you are not alone.
Our fuel gauge has now done this twice. Maybe 2 months or more apart.
So as mine is still under warranty I'm informing my dealer today.
Let us know how you get on.
YG

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Guttergecko,
Quote "Update, just got in the car this morning and the fuel gauge is working again.
Will keep and eye on it and post my updates."

Ok just to let you know, you are not alone.
Our fuel gauge has now done this twice. Maybe 2 months or more apart.
So as mine is still under warranty I'm informing my dealer today.
Let us know how you get on.
YG
Will do, I will tell the guy when it goes in and let him know of others that are having problems with it.
Might help . Cheers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My fuel gauge has a couple of times after doing several miles from filling dropped as expected and then gone back to full! I definitely have not filled it again.

·
Premium Member
4,542 Posts
BarneyB
Did you park it on a slope by any chance?

·
Registered
23 Posts
no, it's been parked fairly level, haven't been anywhere different to routine journeys since last fill up.
Last time this happened it didn't drop from full but this time it has gone back to full after dropping. Will see what happens tomorrow.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the fuel tank in 4x4 Yetis is more saddle-shaped than in FWD Yetis, and that this can cause the fuel gauge to read erratically. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.

·
Premium Member
4,603 Posts
I'm sure I've read somewhere that the fuel tank in 4x4 Yetis is more saddle-shaped than in FWD Yetis, and that this can cause the fuel gauge to read erratically. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this.
Correct, the fuel tank on the 4x4 is saddle shaped to fit over the propshaft, so fuel can "stick" on one side for a while.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts