Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am waiting for my Yeti 1.4, 2x4, manual, panoramic. I searched the market here in Egypt and I like 2 cars ( Yeti & Subaru xv) but I like the Yeti more than the Subaru xv. I am not too much happy because here in Egypt we don't have the 4x4 Yeti ( Subaru xv is AWD but I didn't like the car interior, the boxer engine has some problems and it's underpowered). Am I right about my choice?

Salv

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Salv, and welcome, Like you the XV was on my short list, and I went with the yeti as my son's head hit the roof when he sat in the back seats, and i have to admit the yeti does drive much better.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi Salv and welcome to the forums. I think you will be happier with the Yeti rather than the Subaru.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Hi Salv. You have made the right choice. Your vision in the Yeti is so much clearer tha n the Subaru . Welcome to the forum.

·
Administrator
14,850 Posts
Hi Salv and welcome to the forum., it's not often you see a 1.4 Yeti on here. I only had a 1.2 for a day (loan car), although it went surprisingly well Ihave always wondered if the 1.4 would be better. The Yeti is aheavy boxy car and the 1.2 has to work hard, the extra couple of hundred CC's might make all the difference and possibly improve fuel consumption. I wonder how many 1.2 owners were given the option of trying a 1.4.
It will be interesting to see Salv's posts regarding consumption and performance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all, your support for my choice is valuable and when I get it I will keep you all well informed .
Have a good day
SalvEdited by: Salv

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi and welcome Salv. Good to see another country in Yetiland. I'm sure you will be happy with your choice.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Salv said:
Thank you all, your support for my choice is valuable and when I get it I will keep you all well informed .
Have a good day
Salv
Hi Salv another big welcome to Yeti land!
I know that Subaru have had difficulty selling the 4x4 over here & have had to discount it heavily but there are still very few in England.
The Yeti sounds the best idea.
Good to hear from Egypt, one of the best things I have done is visiting your amazing country (for just 4 days) & arriving at Cairo airport for a rather bumpy landing in Concord.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Salv said:
Thanx JOOKS, Egypt is a bumpy country
Yes I have heard that recently its had its "ups and downs!"

Edited by: JOOKS

·
Registered
788 Posts
The Hood said:
I wonder how many 1.2 owners were given the option of trying a 1.4

1.4 would have been my choice but for some reason the Urban petrol only came in 1.2. I did test drive a 1.4 but it was so long ago now I can't compare it to the 1.2

I bet the 1.8's go though!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
discosteve said:
The Hood said:
I wonder how many 1.2 owners were given the option of trying a 1.4
1.4 would have been my choice but for some reason the Urban petrol only came in 1.2. I did test drive a 1.4 but it was so long ago now I can't compare it to the 1.2
Unfortunately the 1.4 wasn't offered here but would have been my petrol engine of choice as well.

I bet the 1.8's go though!
Have read several reviews that state that the 1.8 is all-round a better choice than the 1.2 engine.
Unfortunately for us, here, it is a significantly more expensive choice as well.
Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
51 Posts
My previous car was a turbo Subaru that was chipped, mainly to reduce turbo lag but it did improve performance. I guess I would describe the difference in driving my 1.8 turbo Yeti to that would be stronger and smoother straight line acceleration, whereas the Subaru had more low end 'grunt', as well as good acceleration. My Yeti does not get driven hard, though recently I was in a situation where I did need to put my foot down and I did find that it likes to 'get up and dance',......if need be! I also think you have made the right choice Salv.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you Aussiejim, your point is very important, sometimes you need your car to jump in critical situations

1 - 15 of 15 Posts