Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy GAP insurance from ALA. I read that Skoda Yeti forum users get a
5% discount, but if you search for ALA GAP insurance as a registered
member of Honest John's website (www.honestjohn.co.uk) and enter promotional code HJ64 by 31st August there is a 10% discount. I was quoted £114.30 for 3 years 'back to invoice' compared with the Skoda dealer's quote of £349 ie a 200% 'profit'!!

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nearly six years on, I recently had a reminder from ALA that as we part-exchanged our second Yeti last June before the policy expired, the remaining portion of the GAP insurance premium was held as a credit. This was because for the first year, insurers normally pay out the invoice cost of the car in the case of a write-off. Our Karoq is bought on a PCP contract, because the interest % is less than the annual growth on my SIPP. (This may change!). So it makes sense to me to pay for GAP insurance to cover the next three years to provide either the original cash price of the car or the outstanding finance (whichever is higher at the time). Any comments before I go ahead from tomorrow?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts