Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a yeti 1.2 tsi today (15 plate , 25000 miles). Apart from moving the seat position every five minutes until I get a perfect position, I have noticed the auto gearbox changes from first gear to second virtually instantly on pulling away, is this normal ? Also braking at low speed just coming to a stop the brakes are rubbing, any advice would be gratefully appreciated

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hi Andy and welcome to the Forum. Five years into ownership, I'm still searching for the perfect driving position!

Yes, early change into 2nd is normal.

The brakes on mine make a similar noise as the car comes to a standstill. And you'll probably notice a similar noise when you move off uphill - at the point when the auto-hold releases.

Happy Yeti-ing (y)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Andy and welcome to the Forum. Five years into ownership, I'm still searching for the perfect driving position!

Yes, early change into 2nd is normal.

The brakes on mine make a similar noise as the car comes to a standstill. And you'll probably notice a similar noise when you move off uphill - at the point when the auto-hold releases.

Happy Yeti-ing (y)
Thank you for your quick response

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thank you very much for your quick reply
It's a good practice to knock her into neutral when stopped at lights or other longish time durations. Saves unnecessary wear on the dry clutch.

Reactions: Livesey

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
Also braking at low speed just coming to a stop the brakes are rubbing, any advice would be gratefully appreciated
Could the car have been standing for a while and has corrosion on the discs?
That should disappear with use.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could the car have been standing for a while and has corrosion on the discs?
That should disappear with use.
Since this post I’ve done just ove 200 miles, I have tried braking hard to clear any rust etc but this noise is still there even when I put the car in neutral and apply the brakes, it’s driving me insane now because I’ve already been fobbed off one by the dealership saying it is the wheel cleaner they use that causes it. I think the pads and or discs may need changing but whatever needs doing I want the problem sorted out

·
Registered
465 Posts
Since this post I’ve done just ove 200 miles, I have tried braking hard to clear any rust etc but this noise is still there even when I put the car in neutral and apply the brakes, it’s driving me insane now because I’ve already been fobbed off one by the dealership saying it is the wheel cleaner they use that causes it. I think the pads and or discs may need changing but whatever needs doing I want the problem sorted out
At only 25,000 miles I wouldn’t expect the brake pads to be worn too badly,though if a previous owner was heavy o braking it’s not impossible.Also I think automatic gearboxes mean brakes are used more,as the gearbox can’t be used for hill braking.
Check your last Mot,and if very recent was there any advisories on condition of brakes?
You may have a binding brake,due you calipers rust,or slider pins seized,jack up each wheel with the car in gear,and with handbrake off the wheel should not rub much and spin a couple of turns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts