Yeti Owners Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago I ordered some eTextar brake pads from ECP, they sat in my garage for ages before I opened the box, good old ECP had supplied the wrong pads, but too late to return them. They may be for the 110 Yeti as it has smaller discs/pads.
I have taken several pictures of the box showing all the numbers printed on it, including under the ecp sticker. I have drawn around one of them and scanned it to a pdf, so if you are interested in them you could print the pdf and see if one of your pads is the same size.
Yours for the postage, they weigh 980 grams unwrapped so probably best with Hermes.

I have included a link so you can see what they are...…… https://textar.com/en/passenger-cars/textar-epad/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Well - they look to be the exact shape and dimensions as the new Brembo pads (and new discs) I just fitted today to our 110 Yeti. The type that should therefore fit any version with the 253 diameter rear discs.
:smile:

·
Registered
105 Posts
A bargain for someone! A search on the Textar part # 2355481 says they should fit 110-150bhp models from 2009 on. I'm a bit tempted meself!

[/url][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I doubt if they fit the 150, mine is a 140 and they are too small. Ive got them on the front and the wheels are still clean, no black powder.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Most reliable way to check, rather than relying on engine power and petrol or diesel fuel, would be to pop off a rear wheel from a prospective buyer’s car. Get a rough measurement of disc diameter. In anywhere near 253mm, I reckon these pads would very likely be a fit. Based on a visual assembly from The Hood’s photo. The next disc diameter up is 272mm. As fitted to most of the 140+ powered cars. So even a rough measure of diameter would be a good guide.

Re-enforcement would come if the calipers are alloy construction, rather than ferrous metal, with prominent cooling ribs/fins on the back of the casting. Made by TRW. Although unlikely to have that brand logo stamped on them if destined for a VW group car.

Ultimately, take out a pad and measure the dimensions of the back plate. But I doubt if that would be necessary. Till you came to do the swap for real.

·
Super Moderator
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you take a pad out (or have an old spare), print the pdf and put the pad on top of the outline from where I drew around one of the pads. The pdf is below the bottom photo.

·
Super Moderator
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am amazed no one has wanted these, only the cost of the postage and probably fit the Yeti with smaller rear discs. To check just print the pdf and put an old pad on top of the drawing, if it fits the drawing they fit your car.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I would have them. If it were not for the fact I had just fitted new Brembo pads (and discs) to our Yeti, about 2 days prior to the Hood posting his offer. So they would just sit on a shelf in my garage for another five years or more. Car No 5 in my “Service Fleet”, the Octavia 1.6 TDi, has identical rear brakes to the Yeti. We just fitted new pads and discs to that last November (Brembo again!). So the same applies. 😕

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Mot is in 3 months , my mechanic who serviced the Yeti last week said the rear discs + pads would need doing pretty soon so its next on my "to do" list .
2013 2.0Tdi 2wd manual , would these fit do you think ?

·
Premium Member
4,630 Posts
See post #3 above, that says they will fit

·
Registered
36 Posts
Looking online these are only around £10 from ECP so probably not worth the p+p costs
Just had rear pads done on our F11 5 series , they were £70 + fitting :cry: so once again the Yeti proves reasonably cheap to maintain
Great gesture from the OP though

·
Super Moderator
12,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
They don't fit a 140 Yeti they are too small. If you can download and print the PDF in post 1, lay one of your pads on top of the drawing to see if it fits.
Mr Wilks is wrong, ECP no longer sell Textar ePads and they are not the £10 pads he mentioned. These are dust free and non corrosive, listed on Amazon at £37
Textar epad – Textar Brake Technology

·
Registered
36 Posts
Apologies Mr Hood , i simply searched ECP rear brake pads for my model & now appreciate they won't be the same as your set .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.