Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Amidst all the depressing news, I thought that it might be worthwhile starting a thread to post good news to cheer us all up. No jokes (Bob's Corner is there for that) and no controversial remarks. So to start it off, I've been cycling more recently. Although it's an e-bike, I can reduce the assistance to work harder as necessary. Yesterday, I cycled along a short length of the former Whitby to Scarborough Railway Line, now called the Cinder Track. Refurbishment has begun, so the first part to Larpool Viaduct is now tarmac. The remainder will be drained and resurfaced in part, but not wholly tarmac to avoid it becoming a cyclist's racetrack. (I always give walkers priority, rather than shouting 'coming through' like some riders). The views of Whitby from the viaduct are stunning. I then went through town and along West Pier, then up the Khyber Pass at high speed (full power) finishing up at Claras hot drink kiosk. A flat latte and a sit down looking out to sea was so calming. Fresh salty air is really invigorating! Then back home feeling the endorphin rush that is such a pleasure following exercise. One of the delights of cycling, as well as the fresh air. are the smells and sounds. For the last couple of weeks, the birds have been singing their hearts out and it all feels so much more optimistic once the days get longer and the world starts to come out of hibernation.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Another item of good news. The National Trust is going to make admission to all their outdoor properties (grounds only if there is also a building) free so people can get some exercise without needing to get close to other people. But check they are able to open first

National Trust covid-19

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good news for us today, our Kia Soul EV is on a ship and will be ready on 27th March, a month earlier than quoted at time of ordering. Also, today our 7 year old Yeti again passed the MOT with no advisories, undoubtably the most reliable car we have ever owned and the one we have kept the longest. We are keeping it as our second car when we get the Soul.

·
Premium Member
4,830 Posts
Good news for us today, our Kia Soul EV is on a ship and will be ready on 27th March, a month earlier than quoted at time of ordering. Also, today our 7 year old Yeti again passed the MOT with no advisories, undoubtably the most reliable car we have ever owned and the one we have kept the longest. We are keeping it as our second car when we get the Soul.
That's one half bad news from Climate Change perspective Slaphead - about the EV being produced.
One half Good News that you'll be keeping the Yeti on - that's the most environmentally friendly option after all. :)

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not surprisingly, this thread is short of posts. So here's some good news, from a personal perspective. No football, with alternative programmes instead. Hurrah: no overpaid egotistical numpties gobbing everywhere. No Grands Prix: a pointless waste of valuable resources and utterly boring. Pubs and clubs shut: no more fights in town at closing time and no noisy hen parties staggering home shouting their heads off at 2am. I'm cycling more and getting fitter, I'll endeavour not to watch too much daytime tv and will read more as well as learning French. It's not all bad news!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good news !

Brush'o'matic dog portal (revision #2) has been installed, and Mollie is looking a little bit brushed !

:)

Spagley

·
Registered
737 Posts
Some good news for me. Finally a dry day so time to fit the new radiator to the Discovery this morning. Engine run up to normal temperature and no leaks. :)

I've painted the top securing plate and the electric fan so now I'm waiting for paint to dry . . . . . . while cutting down s/steel bolts to replace the normal ones, just because I have the bolts in stock, so I can.

IMG_20200322_123212.jpg IMG_20200322_123128.jpg

In the second picture the engine is running which is why the throttle is wedged with some cardboard.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Simple pleasures. At the end of last season I changed the oil in my lawn mower, drained the carb and set the piston TDC on the compression stroke. Yesterday I filled the tank, primed the carb and started the mower at the first pull ?

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always enjoy washing Viktor, so on a pleasant but chilly day I gave him a good clean. Birds singing, planted daffodils still flowering after 3 weeks, days getting longer and another neighbour offered to shop for us. A good day! Perhaps we will become a more caring nation in the future.

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Most of our daffs are finishing after being in flower since just before Christmas, just the miniatures left. The plum tree on the garage wall is a mass of flowers as are the two by the greenhouse, good job SWMBO likes them. :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
We have a small holding with free range poultry. We have 10 assorted huts/hen houses plus a log cabin. I have decided to use our lockdown to give them all a fresh coat of wood preservative. The weather is really good here in Scotland at the moment and I have just completed my second one. Eight more to go plus the cabin. :oops:

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
Hopefully this will put a smile on a couple of faces, we have supported them for more years than I can remember. We once had the privilege of visiting Sepilok (Borneo) rehabilitation centre (during a power cut) a truly wonderful place. We were told red clothing had been avoided for quite some time because of a French couples experience.
Food was taken to the Orangs feeding stations in red buckets, a French couple were standing watching them feed dressed in red. A male Orang called Rajah went over and stripped them both bare looking for food. :oops:
Here is a link..........

This is a good one as well.....

1 - 20 of 87 Posts