Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Out cycling most days and with the current good weather it's been a pleasure. I sat near the Captain Cook statue, being watched by a seagull perched on his head, drinking a flask of coffee and enjoying the view of the Abbey and East Cliff. Very few people around and there is almost no traffic, so I feel safe cycling on the main roads. Self-isolation is not all bad.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Roads in Brum very quiet. I have been taking the dog for a walk along the canal towpath. Just had an email from The Canals and Rivers Trust advising not to use towpaths!!!! Doing a few jobs on the campervan.

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
They have changed their minds, but then not many towpaths wide enough to pass six feet apart round here. An extract from the last email I got pasted below, perhaps mine is "in the post", internet very slow with lots of disconnects.

There is an increasing awareness of the importance of waterways in supporting our mental health and physical wellbeing. That’s why – whilst we are closing our museums and visitor attractions from Friday 20 March* – we are doing all we can to keep towpaths along our 2,000-mile network of canals and river navigations available and safe for everyone to visit and enjoy – free of charge^.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The best yet Mcdonalds have closed . There are no wrappers and drinks cartons lying by the side of the road

·
Administrator
13,046 Posts
I bet the emission levels have gone down, why no charts or mentions of it, asthma sufferers must be enjoying it.

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
COVID-19 Coronavirus has achieved what Greta Thunberg totally failed at.
  • grounded 90% of planes. Only air freight flying.
  • taught millions of commuters they don’t need to get in their cars to go to work.
Mother Earth / Gaia is breathing a sigh of relief. After this is over and only 30% of airlines remain in business, there will be a very new “normal” - perhaps?

There were news items about reduced CO2 levels and NOx, last week. Hidden in among the “populist” items about clean canals and dolphins in Venice. Items drowned this week in all the “human” stories. Give it 3-months, then that kind of News will start to re-surface.

·
Administrator
4,431 Posts
21 - 29 of 29 Posts