Yeti Owners Club banner

541 - 544 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
One for The Hood

Look what I found when I opened a garage door yesterday !

Well actually it wasn't me but rather the nephew of a local reclusive historic aircraft collector who died recently, The nephew found that his uncle had amassed a treasure trove of planes including the Mosquito in the photo. In the garage were also a Tiger Moth, several Vampire jet airframes, two Curtiss P40 Kittyhawk fighters as well as a huge amount of parts. Good news indeed !

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
I used to do a bit of rock climbing 50+years ago, mainly at the Roaches in N Staffordshire, which had a good range of difficulty on millstone grit. So I've retained an interest as well as admiration for the climbers attempting the great peaks. On today's BBC new website, there is a very interesting article on the search for Andrew Irvine's body, who together with George Mallory may have reached the summit of Everest 29 years before Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tensing. As well as being a fascinating article, there are some stunning photos, including a 360 degree panoramic view of Everest and the surrounding peaks.
www.nationalgeographic.co.uk/adventure/2020/06/our-team-climbed-everest-to-try-to-solve-its-greatest-mystery?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

541 - 544 of 544 Posts