Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 3 memorable (and trouble free) years I finally said a sad farewell to my 1.2 TSI Yeti Elegance on Friday 18th October
. Luckily on the same day I said a big hello to my new 1.2 TSI Yeti Elegance
.Thought I'd jump in quick for the 3 year deals available (and I'm not that keen on the look of the new model).Had it a week now and it will probably be just as treasured as the last one.
PS Like the folding door mirrors. Hope this sun-roof doesn't leak like the last one did at first.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
Congratulations on your new arrival, have you got used to your "dancing" headlights yet?

If mine was a year older I would done the same thing as I think the facelift just looks like a lot of other SUV's and has lost it's individuality. I like my Tonka toy and will bypass the facelift, if the replacement model is just a copy of the FL on steroids as happens with a lot of other makes I may even go elsewhere.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - yes the dancing headlights have always been a particular favourite. I'm with you on the new model, just another SUV with no character!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wondered what the **** was happening when my headlights started dancing the first timr I used them!
I am yet another of a growing band to think that Skoda have shot themselves in the foot with this new revamp of the front-end! My local Skoda dealer has told me that many people that have ordered, have only gone ahead when they are assured that they will have the old-style front end on theirs! And quite a few have also insisted that their new Yeti has the old green emblem badge as well.

Do the designers and Skoda in general never use focus groups and owners as a whole to find out what they like or dislike?

Do any of you like the new front-end or the new emblem?

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I would have thought that the easiest, cheapest and most effective form of market research for Skoda would be to join a few forums, like this one. They could bounce a few ideas around and get a wide range of opinions. I am of the opinion that the facelift design is Big Brother VW taking back control and telling little Skoda how to think. I hope Skoda don't lose their loyal customers along with losing their "independent" thinking.

·
Registered
102 Posts
As an ex owner of the old Yeti (loved it BTW), and with a new FL "Outdoor" on order, I have to disagree with some of the above comments. I think the new front is great and the badges are better (I understand that the original Skoda emblem was like the new one and not the green version).

However, I do not like the "City" version at all, as I don't think the colour coded cills and bumpers, do not suit the look of the car at all.

I think Skoda have got this FL model just about right from a marketing prospective, insomuch as whilst some die-hard current owners will not buy one, most will succumb. Also, many new customers will come on board who were put off by the odd looks of the original version. So all in all, I would say that will make it a sales success.

I did look at all the other SUVs on offer, but came back to Skoda in the end. It's a tried and tested car, great customer satisfaction/reliability, still quite rare on the roads, good resale....and I think it looks great.

Anyway -you pays your money and you takes your choice!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are correct. You do pay your money and take your choice, BUT, you will be paying around £1500 more for the new version. Just a bit pricey now, I think.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Actually, the FL is on average, £600 more than the old version - comparing like for like models.

That is a 3% increase on a £20k Yeti which, in my opinion is in keeping with all other car makes and the rate on inflation.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
TRUTHSEEKER said:
As an ex owner of the old Yeti (loved it BTW), and with a new FL "Outdoor" on order, I have to disagree with some of the above comments. I think the new front is great and the badges are better (I understand that the original Skoda emblem was like the new one and not the green version).

However, I do not like the "City" version at all, as I don't think the colour coded cills and bumpers, do not suit the look of the car at all.

I think Skoda have got this FL model just about right from a marketing prospective, insomuch as whilst some die-hard current owners will not buy one, most will succumb. Also, many new customers will come on board who were put off by the odd looks of the original version. So all in all, I would say that will make it a sales success.

I did look at all the other SUVs on offer, but came back to Skoda in the end. It's a tried and tested car, great customer satisfaction/reliability, still quite rare on the roads, good resale....and I think it looks great.

Anyway -you pays your money and you takes your choice!

Agree with the above the small changes to the front do not affect the overall handling and comfort, But as above the "city" yeti has to much paint low down and makes it look awful.

As for the price rise I took advantage of the October deal and saved myself £800 plus a good discount from my dealer
, I don't think £600-£800 price rise is that much on a new production run.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think that the F/L Yeti looks more car like. I have always thought that the present fog lights are a bit too chunky but, I'm still getting one next Feb (just hope the dealer keeps it for me and not sell it to some other lucky driver cos it's a demo).Looking at the new brochure the differences only seem cosmetic.
Anyway, I don't see the front end when I'm driving. I'm just interested in the driving position and how it rides as I drive about 14000 miles a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts