Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Yeti earlier this year the salesman was aghast I wanted a green one, since then I've only seen two others and one of those was French. I now see the new dumbed-down Adventure/Outdoor thingy isn't available in any shade of green. Perhaps it's me.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Our pre-facelift brochure, dated 08/13, shows only one green option - Regency Green Metallic.
When we at the dealers we asked about green too and were told that it didn't fit the demographic of the Skoda customer or some such sales speak. We didn't see one second hand green one when we were looking.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
My Yeti dealer once said to me that a green car is the car that you own for life..because nobody will buy it from you. That was his opinion, not mine.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
Hah I had a British racing green suburu once that I sold in half a day! I don't know why green is such a polarising colour ...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also owned a Green Impreza Turbo and Green Mini that I had no problems selling.

However, I must admit that green is not one of my favourite colours (apart from British Racing Green of course on the right car).

But, I think the new metallic Jungle Green suits the tough look of the FL Outdoor superbly - that's why I have specced that colour on my new FL with the optional black/silver Matterhorn alloys (as per the press photos).

Its a "Marmite" colour as nevo stated.

Edited by: TRUTHSEEKER

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So to sum up from these responses I'm a social misfit stuck with my green Yeti for life, I'll settle for that!

·
Registered
368 Posts
My 1st Skoda - a Fabia Diesel bought new in 2000 was in Nature Green Metallic - thought it looked really great. Sold it no probs 8 years later.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Many years ago my dad purchased a green Wolsley 15/50 in a dark green. His mother, my grandma, told him he shouldn't buy a green car because it was an 'unlucky' colour. He dismissed her concern as an old wives, or mothers, tale. When the car was delivered, while the salesman was on the doorstep, a cement mixer lorry ran into it!. After it was repaired it was serviced and redelivered the brakes were very poor. The mechanic chappie had loosened the brake bleed screws and greased them along with the other nipples!! Once it was fixed it was a very nice car and the first car I drove after passing my test, so that would be 1966 (I think).Good luck with yours though JeremyG......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My very first vehicle was a green A35 van then a green Mini, my first company vehicle was a green Land Rover, on another occasion I got a green BMW 520 followed by a green Discovery much to the consternation of the fleet manager. I was going green long before it was fashionable. I should add my wife doesn't like the green Yeti and preferred the maroon one but as she drives a grey Fiesta she shouldn't throw bricks at greenhouses or whatever the expression is.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
JeremyG said:
So to sum up from these responses I'm a social misfit stuck with my green Yeti for life, I'll settle for that!
Combine that with badge snobbery and your insurance company should pay you for having a car that no one would steal. I test drove a metallic green Yeti, the colour suited it and it looked very nice indeed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was into cycling in a big way in the earlier years of my life. The first expensive bike Iowned - a Carlton, if any of you knew them - I had professionally repainted in British Racing Green. It looked a cracker as they say!
In the 90`s I had a Volvo that was Metallic Dark Green. I liked it but someone must have disliked the colour, the car or just me as they put a brick through the rear window one night!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bwanamdevu said:
I was into cycling in a big way in the earlier years of my life. The first expensive bike Iowned - a Carlton, if any of you knew them - I had professionally repainted in British Racing Green. It looked a cracker as they say!

In the 90`s I had a Volvo that was Metallic Dark Green. I liked it but someone must have disliked the colour, the car or just me as they put a brick through the rear window one night!

I also had a Carlton bike which was the result of a part-time job but mine was red, I cycled to Edinbugh from Carlisle on it but came back on the train (which was also red but I digress). This was in years before I 'came out' as liking green cars.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi JeremyG,
My last long trip on my Carlton before moving to Sweden was from Peterborough to Worksop via Lincoln.

I also came back on the train as by that time I was getting rather unfit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts