Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just joined the club and forum. Working my way through the threads and topics, all very interesting with lots of good advice and hints. I am days away from taking delivery of my Yeti 1.6 Elegance Greenline II (Cappuccino)- with a bit of luck its on the transporter from Sheerness as we speak! Splashed out on a personalised plate which I spotted a while ago but could not justify its purchase until now. Already bought some mats for the inside - would be interested to read what members consider to be the best online outlets. The info on mud flaps is useful - I think I'll get some as other members have found them easy to fit. The other item I really want is a boot protector. Looking through the various online outlets leaves me unsure whether some of these fit without cutting. Again interested to hear other member experiences. The one outlet I do like the look of is www.roofbox.co.uk - they do what looks like the perfect item but it is a little expensive at £60.00 - again anyone bought one of these and would like to comment?Hoping the yeti arrives in time for a planned trip up to the North East on 3 Oct - a good run to test it out!
Look forward to continued great info on here in the future.

·
Administrator
13,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I see you live in the land of Rhoda's clotted cream, Rowe pasties, St Austell Proper Job and Farmhouse Kitchen dinners in Trevasic (sorry got distracted). Hatchbag have served me well as regards boot protectors with previous cars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you know it well - ever been to the Blue Anchor in Helston? One of the few pubs still brewing on the premises - Spingo!! Did you mean Trevaskis Farm for those dinners? Will check out hatch bag - many thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi
Grobbendonk and welcome to the forums. For online outlets I have had good service from http://www.micksgarage.com and am happy to do repeat business with them. Also http://www.superskoda.com/ have a range of OEM products but they are pricey. The boot mats/protectors seem to vary a bit (carpet and/or rubber) and what you get can vary with your needs. I have a shaped rubber mat with raised sides and it fits perfectly with no cutting.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought the Yeti boot mat from Skoda themselves. It was only £25, 3yrs ago now, but it was a thick piece of rubber that fitted perfectly. Is the boot protector a different beast? If not then the Skoda one was good value.

I hope your journey goes well. I did the reverse in August, NE to Cornwall staying just outside Lostwithiel. Lovely time but boy the journey is long. At least in October you will not have to deal with holiday traffic when leaving or entering Cornwall again. Enjoy the NE and if you want any advice on days out then just post them here.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi Grobbendonk, welcome to Yetiland. Your car will pass about 400yds from my house so I will wish all Yeti's I see well, in case one is yours. I lived in Callington, just along the road from Ginsters, the smell of cooking was mouthwatering, for 2 years about 28 tears back, and still have a soft spot for it. Don't forget to post a pic of car and perhaps personal plate. When we took delivery of our Yeti (Hettie) 2 years ago its first trip was to the Lake District and was probably the most relaxed drive I had done up 'till then. Enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Edmund - wish I'd thought of Blackadder when making up my forum name - the possibilities are endless. The NE trip is a long weekend visit to the mother in law in Redcar. With a new car it will rachet the enjoyment up a notch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Lucvervust - Ah yes, Grobbendonk. At the risk of boring everyone else on this site, here is the story. Spent 3 fantastic years in your country in the mid 1980s - working at S.H.A.P.E (you'll know what that stands for) near Mons. Our nearest NAAFI was a 2 hour drive away at Herentals, so once every couple of months we would take a day trip to stock up on our favourite British goodies (cornflakes, marmite, you get the idea). One of the last towns were travelled through on the way was Grobbendonk, don't remember very much about it other than there was a massive fishing shop on the right as we drove through (the Belgians love their fishing). Being more than a little weird, both my wife and I loved the sound of this word and the way it rolls off the tongue. I've used it alot over the years much to the consternation of my friends who probably think me barking! Anyway, there you have it. Oh, and while I'm being mad, just over the bridge past the NAAFI entrance were the best frites and Stoofleas sauce in Belgium. Sorry about the spelling there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts