Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I’ve a 2016 4x4 yeti. At the last service the mechanic detailed an intermittent haldex pump fault - changed the oil and reset the error code. They didn’t seem up to speed with gen 5 filter cleaning and failures. Since then I’ve experimented and the rear wheels are definitely not engaging in slippery terrain, so I’m guessing filter blocked / pump failure.

I wonder if anyone can recommend a mechanic / garage they’ve used tbat are up to speed with cleaning/flushing/repairing Haldex problems? Id like to have 4x4 capability back for winter. Preferably SE (Kent/Sussex/Surrey).
Happy to travel further afield if there is someone further away that is recommended.

many thanks

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
628 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks logiclee.

I have read through this website, s good summary but they are parts supply only, not an actual service centre (and many many miles north of me).

still looking for a recommendation of a service centre is anyone can help.

cheers
B

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bobs, drop them a line, they may well supply some local garages in your area?

Spag

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I'd return with an update.

Yesterday I dropped the car in to Vas Motion at Guildford. They diagnosed pump internal failure, and replaced it - the system is now working as intended again and 4x4 is back! The Gen 5 system pump white plastic gauze was completely blocked with dark sludge, despite having a Haldex oil change the previous year. I found Gavin at VM very knowledgeable on the subject, and their reco is a "haldex service" - which is pump removal and cleaning plus oil change - every 20k miles.

·
Premium Member
Yeti Outdoor 2017 SE L 2.0TDi 150 4x4 Manual
7,449 Posts
The Gen 5 system pump white plastic gauze was completely blocked with dark sludge, despite having a Haldex oil change the previous year.
Was the previous servicing and Haldex oil change carried out by a franchised Skoda Dealer? If so, that's par for the course? :rolleyes:

The people mentioned in #2 are out of oil so it worked well that you went elsehwere.
Uh-Oh! I was planning on ordering a DIY service kit from them for my "new" Yeti? Hopefully they'll be re-stocked by spring? :) It will be much nearer 20k by then.

·
Administrator
16,376 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts