1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've got one of these, its a 12v rechargeable compressor & torch but the pressure guage is not accurate, hence the Michelin guage for checking. It also has a cigar lighter socket and other bits.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Had one of these Michelin compressors for a while now and it seems its well made and accurate when i compare with my other Michelin digi gauge it also comes with other useful adaptors for inflating airbeds etc.
Not cheap but worth paying the extra for a good bit of kit.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I might give the 12262 a try, my current inflator was not that bad when I bought it,butis getting worse as regards accuracy. It . Its supposed to cut out when itreaches a set pressure,but now when I set the gauge to around 20 an independant pressure gauge reads around 36 psi.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
I had looked on Ebay but the warranty could be messy, if it fails after 9 or 10 months the seller might be awkward, and one even tries the dissclaimer below which is very dodgey!

Returns have to be returned within 14 days in same condition buyer has to pay postage to return and no refund on postage given. Faulty items buyer has to pay postage back but send replacement free of charge pending on test.
I'll keep an eye on amazon for a while sometimes they undercut the opposition.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halfords had an offer of spend £50 and get a £10 voucher (they seem to do this each bank holiday), so I took the plunge and bought the Michelin 12262 Rapid tyre inflator and a couple of other items. I've used it on the Yeti and my wife's Fusion (a truely horrible car) and am very pleased. As it says on the box it pumps up the pressure and checks a couple of times then stops. After checking with my accurate pressure gauge, the biggest variation with eight tyres was 0.6 PSI.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts