Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an SE PLus 2013and am going to France shortly, I'm planning to buy one of those converter kits that purports to suit allcars by cutting out the appropriate shape in black film, once that's done however there's nothing on the headlamp itself to suggest where to stick it (politely).

Any suggestions anyone?

Jeremy G

Cumbria, UK

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
I presume you don't have the HID lights?

The clear refractor kit I bought from Halfrauds had a diagram of how to fit them. I didn't think anyone did the black kits any more.
(I never have fitted them yet, just turn the lights down to the lowest setting on the knob on the dash)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. I never thought of lowering the headlamps so that's an option worth considering.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
If you have Xenon headlights there is a touring setting in the Maxidot that flattens the beam and stops them "bending".

·
Premium Member
4,717 Posts
Those aren't exactly the same ones, but the instructions basically mirror mine.

·
Administrator
13,059 Posts
masterplan said:
Hi I have a 59 reg yeti can the headlights be changed for european driving automatically?
It depends which headlights you have, If you have the Xenon headlights which turn with the car they can be adjusted for "touring". This flattens the beam and stops them turning when the car corners. On mine this is done using the Maxidot display and the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the settin is called Travel mode that puts the lights in a neutral position
Works very well though on both lhd & rhd models never been flashed while on the wrong side of the road

·
Registered
828 Posts
Having travelled many miles on the 'wrong' side of the road I second the previous comments from Royski and Hood. In fact I am reminded that I have yet too un -'travel mode' them!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi , am off to France for the first time in my 2015 Face lifted non Xenon Yeti.I have been given a pair of unused Eurolites beam deflectors but with no fitting instructions or diagrams.
I wonder if some kind soul could help perhaps with a pic of where to fit them on the h/l lens.
Regards
Gerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts