Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Yeti! So far very pleased with it.
It is over three years old so has a few minor blemishes on paint work (business grey I think)
Imagine my disbelief when walking around the front passenger side to see a large piece of paint missing just above the little oblong cap below the headlamp. I was certain that I had not missed this on my initial inspection before purchase.
As I discovered, and you will all know, this is where the washer for the headlamp pops out. I guess the washers had not been used for some while, waiting to be sold, and it must have been stuck to the main bumper with dirt.
I gently pulled the cap out and the peeled off pice of paint was still stuck to the cap and was folded inside of it!!
Anyone else had this happen?

I have pasted this from another post of mine because it is more suited to technical.

·
Premium Member
5,226 Posts
That sounds more like someone has repainted the bumper. (badly)

Reactions: Urrell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a good look and the whole bumper looks in good condition with original paint. I suppose the whole bumper could have had a respray.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Like Graham said probably resprayed without the person doing the work realising that the washers popped out so prepared and sprayed over them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like Graham said probably resprayed without the person doing the work realising that the washers popped out so prepared and sprayed over them.
Oh yes, not thought of that, it is a possibility but the other side is o.k. so far. Need to check that one and check for any evidence of that.
Thank you.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Imagine my disbelief when walking around the front passenger side to see a large piece of paint missing just above the little oblong cap below the headlamp. I was certain that I had not missed this on my initial inspection before purchase.
Only goes to show that a final walk around the car with the seller, at moment of driving away, can be beneficial. When I first test drove Dolly at Marshalls :mad: in Oxford she looked fine.
On the "final walk round" inspection on collection, two parts of front bumper had paint and scratch marks.
All salesman offered was to get me a bottle of touch up paint, which he never did - charlatans :devilish: that they are.

Reactions: The Hood

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only goes to show that a final walk around the car with the seller, at moment of driving away, can be beneficial. When I first test drove Dolly at Marshalls :mad: in Oxford she looked fine.
On the "final walk round" inspection on collection, two parts of front bumper had paint and scratch marks.
All salesman offered was to get me a bottle of touch up paint, which he never did - charlatans :devilish: that they are.
Having checked the other side, which is fine, you are correct. The person must have been unaware that the cap popped out and sprayed over it. Seems obvious now that if doing that the only result would be to pull off the paint film. Have to do a touch in job!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts