Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I drive a 1996 Yeti 1.4 TSI L&K Outdoor. which I was told on purchase, had all the bells and whistles.
I'm planning a continental trip and was advised that as I have Zenon headlights, the ones that dance about a bit on ignition, that I could adjust them via settings on infotainment computer. Having looked at my handbook and having found relevant page and screen, they don't match so therefore the 'driving abroad' item does not appear on my screen so I am unable to change headlamp reallignment. Maxidot term has appeared and I'm assuming I have it. How can I find out please?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
The Hood will be along soon to explain why they will not be permissible "sur la continent".

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You should be able to put them into "Travel Mode" I think that's what its referred to as in the lights menu.

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
Welcome Gordon. (Just a small point but your post suggests a 1996 year which probably isn't what you meant, especially as the Yeti didn't go into production until 2009. Can you clarify?)

As RickT says what you are looking for is called 'Travel Mode' and it is found in the Maxidot settings which you control by the steering wheel scroll wheels. You'll find it under Lights and Vision. When activated (ticked) this modifies the Xenon headlamps so that it avoids dazzling drivers coming in the opposite direction. You just need to remember to deactivate it when you arrive back in UK.

Reactions: Robjon

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
When they are set to travel mode you will get the orange bulb error lamp come on for a few seconds when you turn ignition on. This is normal and acts like a reminder that its set.
Have a play with them (y)

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
688 Posts
Our Octavia's Xenons were linked with GPS so as soon as we drove off the channel tunnel the lights would be in travel most and would switch back as soon as you entered the uk.

I don't believe the Yeti does this though, you have to select travel mode in the mfd.

·
Registered
454 Posts
When they are set to travel mode you will get the orange bulb error lamp come on for a few seconds when you turn ignition on. This is normal and acts like a reminder that its set.
Have a play with them (y)
I have the orange bulb illuminate when ignition is turned on, I assumed it was just going through it's checks (wobbly eyes), maybe I should have read the hand book.
I'll check what setting it's in later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi! I drive a 1996 Yeti 1.4 TSI L&K Outdoor. which I was told on purchase, had all the bells and whistles.
I'm planning a continental trip and was advised that as I have Zenon headlights, the ones that dance about a bit on ignition, that I could adjust them via settings on infotainment computer. Having looked at my handbook and having found relevant page and screen, they don't match so therefore the 'driving abroad' item does not appear on my screen so I am unable to change headlamp reallignment. Maxidot term has appeared and I'm assuming I have it. How can I find out please?
Thanks for replying, and yes I did put the wrong year. It should have been of course 2016. I'm reverting to my default teacher response when making a mistake. 'I wondered how long it would take you to spot my deliberate mistake' . Anyway I have found the required bits and pieces but I'll wait for darkness to czech. Cheers

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
HaHa
1996 Yeti, I just czeched.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have not messed with it for ages but you're correct the lights error warning lamp does do its thing as normal but thinking back it may stay on a bit longer or all the time when that mode is selected. I mentioned that just as a heads up so you wouldn't think something was wrong(y)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the orange bulb illuminate when ignition is turned on, I assumed it was just going through it's checks (wobbly eyes), maybe I should have read the hand book.
I'll check what setting it's in later.
Well I’ve been driving around for two years with the lights in travel mode 🙄
Can’t wait to go for a night time drive to see them working properly 🤣

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
as Compared to the dark straight route! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Been out for a drive tonight, took the dark twisty route, wow what a difference.

Apart from getting the beams up a bit and left a bit (Golden Shot), have you got your headlights steering again now ?

Spag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts