Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, call me a ham fisted idiot, but I cannot seem to get the headlamp bulb clips undone. Now I have no problem stripping my Ducati Pantah engine down and rebuilding it, so I'm not a total mechanical ignoramus, but can I get the bloody bulbs out?
Can I ****!

Is there a trick, or tool or spell or something?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The Hood said:

Its on page 225, I changed my bulbs to night breakers + but it was a long time ago and can't remember how the clips work (getting old) , they can beverytight torelease another member had problems and after a while said.

Needed to put a bit more pressure on the top of the wire clip, and suddenly it popped open. New bulb fitted and it all works perfectly.

Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
I used a small mirror on the end of a stalk to see the clip arrangement. It was then easier to work out the knack of where to direct pressure to the clip.

I swapped to Osram Night Breakers .... well worth the effort. I did the fogs too....much easier to change

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Just to confuse you it's page 227 of the PDF as the first two pages do not have numbers, or page 225 of the manual. You could always watch a Halfords person loose the skin off their knuckles.
I've never let them near any of my cars, but I am tempted to ask them to fit an indicator bulb

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, as it happens the latest manual has none of that stuff in it.
Helpful.

I had a fiddle and finally found out how to spring the clip.
Would be easy if I was a triple jointed dwarf gynaecologist .

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought a small mirrorwith a telescopic handle 99pence from a DIY store. I enables me so see it properly and I can check it's okay when finished. One of the handiest tools I ever bought. It will do just about every car on the road , maybe not a renaultmegane !

·
Registered
39 Posts
I worked in a British Leyland dealer and we fitted Unipart Batteries for free except for Triumph Stagsas you had to take the power steering pump off

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just replaced mine with Philips RacingVision H4 bulbs (Auto Express best buy 2018). Cost £18 from Amazon. Very bright. Easy to replace:

1. Unscrew the large circular plastic cover.
2. Unplug the electrical connector.
3. Squeeze the clip towards the bulb and pull. The clip releases at one end and hinges at the other.
4. Assembly reverse of removal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts