Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I fitted Heko wind deflectors to all four side window frames of my Yeti.Two fitted with easewith no adjustmentsneeded, however I did need to modify one driver and one rear window deflector. The adjustments made only required the removal of some of the material that fits into thewindow frame.Files and various grades of abrasive paperwere usedto remove theexcessmaterial. The main issue was with the driver's wind deflector, which when fitted would not allow the window to close. Thewindow would hit against thedeflector where it was fitted into the rear-top part of the frame.I removed about 4 millimtres from the bottom of this 50 x 20mm section andtapered / thinned the thickness of this section from bottom to top on the inside. A drop of silicon lubricant was rubbed onto this area and the wind deflector was refitted. The Heko deflectors are made from Acrylic / Perspex so do support and work steadily to prevent damage.
Below is a link to a you tube videoshowing the fitting of window deflectors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnSRJ_d_dw0

Happy trails,

Banjobach

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just ordered a set of Heko deflector's today.Had em on my last motor(focus estate) and was very pleased with them.Hope i'm not gonna regret buying em again.Dont mind a little bit of adjustment but they should fit straight on with no prob's.Are you happy with the end result,guess that's the main thing.I live in hope.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
Had the front ones on mine for 18 months and am very happy with them.

Had a similar problem to Banjobach, but found if I "helped" the window up a few times it seated them better and they didn't need modifying.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must admit that on my silver and black Yeti they do look good. However, as far as performance is concerned Ineed to drive for a few moretimestodeterminehow I would rate them. Albeit my initial reation is, they are better than none, so I'm pleased to have bought and fitted them, especially as we needadditional air circulation in Oz during the summer months.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Suzuki said:
Just ordered a set of Heko deflector's today.Had em on my last motor(focus estate) and was very pleased with them.Hope i'm not gonna regret buying em again.Dont mind a little bit of adjustment but they should fit straight on with no prob's.Are you happy with the end result,guess that's the main thing.I live in hope.

Hi Graham, have you fitted your Heko deflectors and if so, did you have to make any adjustments?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hiya,yes,all done n dusted.No prob's at all with fitting.They did catch just a bit on a couple of corner's to start with but leaving em over-night with windows closed stopped that.They bed into the rubbers in a few hour's.A tad noisier than before from wind above 120kh but nice to be able to have window slightly open without windblast so worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
No adjustments needed by me, and I haven't noticed any increase in wind noise.
They do seem to help keeping the side windows clearer in the rain though!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Not had the (pleasure) of driving in the rain yet as we see it so rarely down here.We do however get some orrible strong wind's at this time of year and it's them thar winds which are maybe causing an extra bit o wind noise on me deflector's.We'll see how it is in a week or two when they are supposed to be subsiding and we get back to a breeze and sunshine.I still rate em though and would rec them on most car's cos if nowt else they do look good.The mudflaps look good too but dont reckon I really needed em,or the bumper protector,or the sill guard's or stainless driving light rim's but,hey ho,it's me retirement toy.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
I recently fitted some to my Yeti, there is a slight increase in wind noise but I think I only notice it because the car is so quiet. One big plus is that when I open the window the water drips stay outside rather than making the door switches wet. When I fitted them the windows did not close fully on the first attempt whch proves the safety features work, on the second attempt I held the glass from both sides and helped them up, since then they have functioned perfectly. There was no need for any kind of modification by me. They cost me 29.90 including delivery for a set of four on eBAY, and arrived within two days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Having just boughta full set ofHeko wind deflectors today I thought I'd add my two pennorth about them.

There's no doubt that they fit very easily but if you are thinking of fitting some do make sure that they areproperly seated in the window channel and that the rubber window seals haven't been curled under by the deflectors before closing the windows otherwise the edge of the window will hit the deflector and bring the force limiter into play,

On my Yeti, the seal on the driver's side window had curled under and I *think* the window has cracked the deflector on the bottom front edge. It's stayed in place so I'm hiding my head in the sandby not taking the deflector off to have a look!

Regards, Lee.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Suzuki said:
The mudflaps look good too but dont reckon I really needed em,or the bumper protector,or the sill guard's or stainless driving light rim's but,hey ho,it's me retirement toy.
You just described my vehicle. I've got all that and it's my retirement toy too!

Getting back on topic, I think my deflectors do add a little bit to wind noise and the clips needed a bit of adjustment to work properly.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
201 Posts
Look Great
Edited by: Rayman

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just fitted my Heko's today, had to file 3 of the 4, but not a problem. It indicated to fit the clips on therear doors - on the vertical runners, I did this but they served no purpose and one ofthe clips fell down. I removed them and reinstalled the clips on the top. This seems to have worked and they look really good.I have had no experience with climair so cannot comment.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I fitted mine today as well with no trimming at all, all clips fitted to positions on the picture shown on the small diagrams, although after watching the fitting video on Youtube which shows them on the top I did fit one of the rears on the top but it did not push up far enough, and taking another look at the diagram it showed the vertical position, when changed it pushed right home and pushed the deflector forward into the seal. I did have to help two home to keep the window up, but after a couple of runs they went up ok.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have gone for the Hekos. Smoked. Fitted today.

I did have a couple of times when the windows were hitting the deflectors and shooting back down again. But I seem to have fixed it.

Anyway, details and pictures as always over on my site for any interested member.

https://skodayeti.net/fitting-heko-wind-deflectors/

Happy New Year to you all. :smile:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I fitted the Hekos last week, and they work very well.
I had a small issue with the drivers window, but it is now resolved.
They look good aswell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wind deflectors - just checking

I have a 2016 Face lift Yeti model, does anyone know if there's a difference between the older model Yeti's to the facelifted versions in terms of wind deflectors and their fitting?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts