Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I live in Poole, I currently own a Fabia 1.2 DSG Estate Which has totaly sold me on Skodas. The jokes are most definitely over!!
I have just done a deal with the New Forest Dealer Meadens (who are BRILLIANT) for a 1.2 DSG SE PLUS Yeti. In Aqua blue. The reg number will be HJ62 YAK (as near as I could get to YETI!!)
I wanted one when I bought the Fabia, but being an impatient sort of chap could not wait. Now I am told the Yeti will be here in 2 weeks.
The Yeti will be my 67th car!.
My 'tall' cars have included, 1 HR-V, 4 CR-V's, 2 Discoveries, a Shogun Sport and a Bongo.
I always liked the high driving positon and always promised myself that when someone made a 2WD economical soft roader, I would get one.
Although I love my Fabia, the performance is incredible, faster than the Yeti and more economical, but hey-ho, can't have everything. I do NOT like the narrowness Vs the height of the Fabia, it looks somewhat ridiculous. The Yeti on the other hand (I think) looks fabulaous.
I am retired from Shell Uk (Retail) Divorced and supporter of Southern Lurcher rescue, from whence came my dog Monty.
So that's me folks. I look forward in joining you all on the forum and driving around. Anyone in the Poole area that would like to, please drop me an E.

Edited by: Skodanut

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your choice of car, especially the colour. You will find that the colour changes according to the light and cloud level. I nearly bought an almost new Yeti from Meadens, it had every extra that you could think of and more, except it was black and black shows every speck of dust.Hopefully the wait will not seem too long at least it is weeks and not months

·
Administrator
4,883 Posts
Congratulations, and like The Hood I think you have made a good choice on the colour.

Hope that you and Monty have many happy miles in the Yeti.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many Thanks chaps.
The choice of colour was only Aqua or Petrol. I felt the latter was almost as bad as black for the dirt showing and although a fairly new colour as far as Skoda is concerned, I felt it was rather reminiscent of a '90's Peugeot or similar. I would really have like the new Regency green. But it was not to be. Beggars/choosers etc.
There were only two available with the 1.2 DSG drivetrain. They are both SE plus with spare wheel. Which is good, can't be doing with 'huff'n puff 'n stuff' tyre repaire kits. Also it gives the advantage of the raised boot floor (Skoda's 'Space Saver' being anything but. It is the same size as a proper wheel.)
I was very pleased that it has the lumbar support as I felt on the test drive that the Yeti seat in the Spanish one I drove first is nowhere near as supportive as the Fabia seats. I then drove an Elegance and with the lumbar support fully deployed, it seemd to be fine.

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Funnily enough one of the reasons I bought a Yeti is that I can "turn off" the lumbar support. Three years ago I fell off a ladder , on the way down I was thinking this is going to hurt, I must keep my head up. As a result I landed in a seated position on a concrete patio fracturing my lower spine. I staggered in doors after falling off and SWMBO asked what I had done and laughed! I was then miss diagnosed by two GP's and two hospitals andlearned to live with the constant pain and it was only found out two years later what I had done. I must learn to complain more! I lost the curve in my spine and cannot stand any type of curve or supportin a seat.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's not verty nice at all!!
I'm The opposite. I tried to 'fly' my speedboat. Hit the water from 6ft up at 40mph and did a disc in big time!
This was 25 years ago (I am VERY old!
) and I still can't stand for long without pain and HAVE to have good lumbar support in my cars.
Very strange that the Fabia seat is brilliant without added support and the Yeti is rubbish without (for me)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay, Been FAR TOO BUSY, enjoying my SE+ Aqua blue 1.2 DSG.
The two weeks delivery turned into three, but hey-ho never mind. It had to come from Germany, so not Meadens' fault.
HJ62 YAK arrived last Friday. Had the choice of the usual boring reg numbers but thought YAK the most appropriate. They both live above the snow line!!

Courtesy of the best Skoda dealers with 20 miles of Poole. Meadens of Sway (no connection apart from very satisfied customer).
What a cracking car! Higher specc'd than My Fabia Elegance, with touch screen wireless (I'm a dinosaur!) Sat nav, blue tooth, rear parking beeps, etc.
Not quite as quick as the Fabia as it's shaped like a (very attractive ) brick and 200 odd Kg's heavier than the Fabia.
Give me a flash or a toot if you see me!

·
Administrator
14,209 Posts
Ah flashing and hooting, the last time I mentioned flashing Tech Yeti told me off (I think it was him), Ever since I have had my Yeti I have flashed and waved at all others that I have seen and so far not one reply. We have two adoptive "friends" not far from you, one is called Gordon and the other Oshine. We often go and visit so you may well see someone in a similar car "flashing"you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dear Hood.
I shall look forward to being 'flashed'.
Surely if it's good enough for the old Beetle owners it should be good enough for Yeti owners, after all we are a far more select bunch!
We must start a flashing movement forthwith!

I had the same problem with Bongo ownership. all those in the BOC waved and flashed but the non club members looked at you as if you were deranged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts