Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,Just joined the owners club. My wife has a four month old (63) Adventure. She is very pleased with it.

I have just ordered a new shapeElegance, due in April. I have added Satnav/DAB, Heated front screen, spare wheel and paint protection.

I have viewed this site on several occasions and it has been a great help, so thanks to you all.

Graham

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum it's nice to know we have been of help to you, any questions just post them someone will probably know the answer. You obviously like your Yeti if you are "expecting" your second. Make sure you post some pictures.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hi Graham and welcome.

2 Yeti's eh - how cool is that?

Enjoy, enjoy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome Graham,
Bugger that's a bit of a wait for the Yeti...

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum Graham. It is good to see that you are so pleased with the Yeti that you have bought a second one

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome obviously in your case one does not do plenty.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Graham said:
Hi all,Just joined the owners club. My wife has a four month old (63) Adventure. She is very pleased with it.

I have just ordered a new shapeElegance, due in April. I have added Satnav/DAB, Heated front screen, spare wheel and paint protection.

I have viewed this site on several occasions and it has been a great help, so thanks to you all.

Graham
Welcome once again Graham.
I feel a bit inadequate now with "only" one Yeti on order!
Don't suppose Skoda did a "Buy one Get One free" deal did they!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome Graham,
Do the manly thing and offer to run in the wife's Yeti for her - I'm sure that will make the waiting more bearable!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome.My wife rarely lets me drive hers so I decided to get my own!
I've ordered a Metallic petrol blue Elegance 140 bhp, 4x4, diesel and as I said, I've added heated front
screen, Satnav/DAB, a spare wheel and paint protection.
Looking forward to getting it. I have been told April/May for delivery. Might as well get the new registration.
I'm tempted by the side steps, from a photo I've seen on here.
My mate traced a set to a company called direct4x4.co.uk. They are £179 inc VAT and P&P. Then it's just a case of fitting them! My wife thinks I'm mad but they may protect the doors from all the annoying car park dents.
Anyway, many thanks to all for your welcome and for the information I have gained from this site.
Graham

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
I've seen the side steps on the same website. http://www.yetiownersclub.co.uk/forum/side-steps_topic1096.htmlThey may save car park bumps but are not really needed and could actually make getting in and out more difficult, as you might end up having to step over them. The only certain thing is that they will reduce your ground clearance.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Welcome Graham, enjoy your new motor...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Hood. I'm not really much of an off roader. The dealer is getting back to me re the side steps.Just thought they looked really good and enhanced the car. I'll see what he says and go from there.
Graham

·
Premium Member
5,326 Posts
3 things the side steps do -

Don't protect the car against car park type knocks, because they are fitted below the doors.
Attract all the muck off the front wheels, so get your trousers dirty every time you get in or out.
Look silly.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to The Hood and Llanigraham for your advice. After careful consideration, I have decided to ditch the idea of side steps.

The dealer saidSkoda cannot supply them for the new Yeti, but could fit the ones I found on the web, plus 2 hours labour and VAT. He said if they needed to drill into the vehicle (which I'm certain they don't), then that could invalidate the warranty. I'm now thinking it was not such a good idea!

He also informed me my Elegance build date currently stands at week 8, which could change, for whatever reason. How long after that date the actual car would arrive at the dealers, I have no idea.

Best wishes to you all.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Graham said:
He also informed me my Elegance build date currently stands at week 8, which could change, for whatever reason. How long after that date the actual car would arrive at the dealers, I have no idea.

Best wishes to you all.
Hi Graham, Perhaps my posting under Order Forum, may help with some of your Yeti arrival times questions.
JOOKS

·
Registered
206 Posts
Graham, I received my Yeti in November and it was at the dealers within 10 days of its build week !!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks JOOKS. I did previously read your post on the forum, very useful, thanks.

Hope your right empcom, can't wait to get it, however, I might as well get the 14 reg, would hate to have a car with the same 63 reg as my wife's!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts