Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have joined having ordered a 1.6 green line elegance outdoor model yeti. I have no idea when I will get delivery but hope it isn't the 3to4 months some of your comments have made , nevertheless I am sure it will be worth waiting on. Your website is very interesting and full of useful information .

·
Registered
206 Posts
Welcome jonlin I am sure that you will find this forum very useful. Any questions please ask and I am sure someone will be able to help.

·
Registered
920 Posts
My order was submitted 5th Jan and on 1st Feb I was told itis status '20'and build week 7.

I don't think you will be waiting as long as you said.

In the dealers there was an Elegance Outdoor 2.0TDIGreenline in Candy White looking proper smart.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Believe it or not the wait has got shorter, mine was ordered September 9th and arrived on Jan 13th. The salesman told me that if I had ordered A 170 DSG it would have been a year!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Welcome jonlin.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Jonlin, and welcome to this friendly and informative forum. I ordered a Yeti Outdoor Greenline SE at the end of November, and currently have a build date of week 10, i.e. first week of March. It should then take 2 to 3 weeks for the car to arrive at my local dealer, so I'm anticipating getting behind the wheel by late March. So 4 months from order appears to be about the norm at present, although things can change. Happy motoring!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everybody for all your messages regarding delivery date for my new Yeti. Will just have to take it when it comes. My wife ordered a new Qashqui Techna at the same time and she gets it 2nd week March!! Mind you it gave me a good excuse to order the Yeti and get a car I have always fancied. I have traded in my Hyundia I30 only 15months old but lousy residuals ie a drop of around 50%!! from New. Probably serves me right for getting it in the first place but it was a good car with great mpg and had all the toys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered an Outdoor 1.2 DSG Elegance in Cappuccino + extras on 11th December and had an e mail earlier this week from my dealer to say that the build date is week 6, which is sometime this week and that from then I can expect a 3 to 3.5 week wait to delivery, which will be spot on for early March. It's been a long, hard wait but worth it. Good luck to those out there who have already got there's and those like me who are still waiting. If anyone wants any detail on spec, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome jonlin. I ordered mine about the same time as you. I've been told the build is in week 8. The dealer says it is currently scheduled to arrive at the garage on 10th March. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Is it the new shape Qashquai? I believe the new shape is being produced now.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
jonlin said:
...My wife ordered a new Qashqui Techna at the same time and she gets it 2nd week March!! Mind you it gave me a good excuse to order the Yeti and get a car I have always fancied.
This is a great opportunity for you both to compare the two vehicles to each other side by side. It will be interesting to see if, after a few weeks, there is a preference in your family for driving one vehicle or the other.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Jonlin, your wait will be forgotten when you take in that new car smell, think some of the competition use smelliest to keep the smell on stored vehicles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have not yet been in contact with the dealer so do not know when whether he has a status number for the hoped for build date.In the possibility that it is sooner rather than later what do all you current yeti owners advise as to the best way to run in the engine?

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
jonlin said:
I have not yet been in contact with the dealer so do not know when whether he has a status number for the hoped for build date.In the possibility that it is sooner rather than later what do all you current yeti owners advise as to the best way to run in the engine?

The best thing to do with your new Yeti is just drive it, don't be too gentle on it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry I have not replied sooner, qashqui is the new model the 1.5 diesel in bronze ,a new metallic colour. Dealer was in touch yesterday to say it may be towards the end of March before it is delivered. I am looking forward to seeing all the technology that Nissan say they have put in it, but not as much as I am looking forward to getting the yeti . Until I found this website I was not aware how much of a cult vehicle the Yeti seems to be.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
jonlin said:
what do all you current yeti owners advise as to the best way to run in the engine?

You will get many different opinions from thrash it, to be gentle with it. I can only speak for mine, at first I kept the revs down to around 2,000 rpm and gradually increased to 2500 over the first 1000 miles. I have so far covered 28,000 miles and have not used a single teaspoon of oil. In 6th you will not be hanging around at 2000 rpm.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts