Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Skoda yeti 2.0 elegance tdi cr 4x4
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone , just put a deposit on a 2011 yeti 2 litre diesel 4x4
Thought I’d join and find out some helpful info .
Look forward to learning from you .

Paul

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
498 Posts
Hi Paul,

All the best with your new purchase, lost of knowledge on here.

I'm travelling down to Wales next week for a few days around Cardiff. It's the first time we've been anywhere since 2019 due to Covid and being a key worker so looking forward to the break.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m in mid wales have not spent much time in south apart from a couple of trips to the millennium stadium for the rugby , enjoy your trip .

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Welcome from another MidWalian, even if I don't have a yeti now

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I visited Llanidloes a couple of weeks ago, is that near you?

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I visited Llanidloes a couple of weeks ago, is that near you?
Hope you brought your passport? ;)

Should have said and we could have met.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
I’m in Newtown - small world ! Although I’m a foreigner ! was born in England but married a welsh girl
Often up there, or passing through, so look out for a red Niro.
And if you need to be shown anything on the Yeti give me a shout.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I also went on the Newtown bypass for the first time. Llanidloes looks a nice village and that house on columns is awesome
Graham, There's no need for a passport if you have money the Welsh will always accept it 🤣. Spent the day at the Enduro school.👍

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Village!! Village??!!
It's a town and we are very proud of it.
The building in the middle of the road is the Old Market Hall and is the only one remaining in-situ in Wales. Even John Wesley preached at it. Now contains a museum.

Which one did you go to, the Yamaha one or the KTM one at Sweet Lamb? The Yamaha one is said to be excellent,

Newtown By-pass has made a huge difference and has made journeys north much quicker, and the Police love it from the number of speeders they have caught.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Often up there, or passing through, so look out for a red Niro.
And if you need to be shown anything on the Yeti give me a shout.
Many thanks appreciate the offer 👍
I also went on the Newtown bypass for the first time. Llanidloes looks a nice village and that house on columns is awesome
Graham, There's no need for a passport if you have money the Welsh will always accept it 🤣. Spent the day at the Enduro school.👍
the building on columns in the middle of the road is the old market hall I think

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Village!! Village??!!
It's a town and we are very proud of it.
The building in the middle of the road is the Old Market Hall and is the only one remaining in-situ in Wales. Even John Wesley preached at it. Now contains a museum.

Which one did you go to, the Yamaha one or the KTM one at Sweet Lamb? The Yamaha one is said to be excellent,

Newtown By-pass has made a huge difference and has made journeys north much quicker, and the Police love it from the number of speeders they have caught.
The bypass is fabulous - I used to live 5 miles out of town on the Welshpool side abs it would regularly take an hour to the do the five mile trip to town

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
7,039 Posts
Village!! Village??!!

“The Village” was Portmerion. Where Patrick McGoohan was kept as The Prisoner No.6. By a large white squishy ball alien thing. Ruled by “the new No.2”. Still on my bucket list of places to visit. The hotel that is based on the seafront has extortionate rates however.

Newtown now has a by-pass??? :eek::oops:(y) OMG. That took a while! Shows how long since I was last through there on the way to places with forests. Spent many an hour in a queue to get west past Theater Hafren or south towards Llandrindod. One time I recall queued past McDonalds. I had time to nip in to order Big Macs for all the guys in the service van. Get served. Then come out with the supplies to find the van had moved forward all of six car lengths. Must take a look soon....

·
Registered
852 Posts
Newtown now has a by-pass. :eek::oops:(y) OMG. That took a while! Shows how long since I was last through there on the way to places with forests.
That’s nothing, Llandeilo has been waiting for it’s bypass for about 60 years. It has been on and off more times than a prostitute’s undergarments. The Welsh Assembly has just announced that all new road improvements are ‘off’, despite having said that this one was to be started in 2016 and that the funds were in place. All in the interest of ecology, don’t you know? ☹

Reactions: GardenerGeoff

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Village!! Village??!!

Oops sorry! "Town"
It was the Yamaha one I went to and it is excellent.

Reactions: Llanigraham
1 - 20 of 31 Posts