Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's nice to join this forum as the owner of a Yeti rather than the 12 months of tortured waiting I had to endure when I joined the Briskoda forum.

My pride and joy ( it must be as I still after nine months, look back at it when I've parked up somewhere! ) is a silver ex-demo SE Greenline with silver roof rails and Bluetooth; shortly to be joined by the spare wheel kit after finding a screw sticking out of one of the tyres the other day. Fortunately it hasn't resulted in a puncture andmaybe the gunge and compressor would have sealed the hole.

The spare wheel kit is a bit on the expensive side and takes up a fair amount of boot space but the thought of "maybe" swayed me to go for the spare.

Do other members find that they become unofficial Skoda salesmen or women when on a supermarket car park for example? My Yetihas been surrounded by Range Rovers and Discoverys but peoplefrequently make a bee-line for the Yeti - even asking if they can "try it for size".

I'm sorry I'm rambling on for a first post so a big "Hello!" to every one. Looking at the Members list it's good to know I'll be among such distinguished Yeti illumini

Best Wishes, Lee.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Welcome to the other side
, like you I findmyself doing thesalesman's job incar parks and alike, more so in the early days of the yeti not so often now but still happens

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got the spare wheel as a kit and would'nt like to be without it. I never had a car without one,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You for your welcome.

wakev said:

I was going to say I've come over from the "green side"

On the occasionswhen we have thecheek to cross the border into Cheshire or perhaps North Yorkshire, there are Yetis in abundance but here in Manchester they are very thin on the ground. Even so, when we ( me and the Wife ) paid our usual annual visit to a vintage vehicle rally in Malpas which isalmost as far as you can go in Cheshirebefore you becomeWelsh; all the time we were at the car there was a steady stream of people asking what we thought about the Yeti.

Yes Rick, not that long ago it was taken for granted that there would be a spare wheel. I remember being much amused when I first saw a skinny space saver wheel ( small things amuse... etc. ) but I think these too are becoming a thing of the past as original equipment so the spare wheel kit it will be.

Regards, Lee.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
frglee said:
Thank You for your welcome.

wakev said:

I was going to say I've come over from the "green side"

On the occasionswhen we have thecheek to cross the border into Cheshire or perhaps North Yorkshire, there are Yetis in abundance but here in Manchester they are very thin on the ground. Even so, when we ( me and the Wife ) paid our usual annual visit to a vintage vehicle rally in Malpas which isalmost as far as you can go in Cheshirebefore you becomeWelsh; all the time we were at the car there was a steady stream of people asking what we thought about the Yeti.

Yes Rick, not that long ago it was taken for granted that there would be a spare wheel. I remember being much amused when I first saw a skinny space saver wheel ( small things amuse... etc. ) but I think these too are becoming a thing of the past as original equipment so the spare wheel kit it will be.

Regards, Lee.

Oye!
We're fussy who we let in, you know!!

Saesnig Yeti owners are just about acceptable!!

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Glad you are enjoying you car, they are also very rare here in Berkshire, I have not seen another for ages. I also have a spare wheel, you will be suprised how much stuff you can still get in the boot if you stack upwards.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Prynhawn da Graham,

before you becomeWelsh

PLUS:

Oye!

We're fussy who we let in, you know!!

Saesnig Yeti owners are just about acceptable!!

EQUALS:a successful catch

I do include you in my list of Yetigurus though

Lee.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Prynhawn da,

Thank you, Lee.

Around Llani Yeti's are getting quite common.

There are two others in addition to mine, all diesel 4x4's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts