Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get a Skoda Yeti Elegance on the Motability scheme at the end of June 2014

Going to order the spacesaver spare wheel

Got to find a rubber mat for the raised boot space once the spare wheel is fitted. Just bought a 32GB SDHC card for my MP3 music.

Found a couple of keying's I liked on eBay.

Now all I have to do is find a colour I like. Do the dealer have a sample chart on their showroom walls as I've not seen any

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hi w1zzer, they should have some examples of the different colours. Skoda does provide them to the dealers. Just ask them to show you.
Just a small suggestion...floor mats might be a worthy addition to your options list. You can get good ones aftermarket.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,841 Posts
Hi Welcome to the forum, from experience the colour chart in the brochure is not very accurate, if you should be undecided between a couple of colours it would be worth trying to see one in the "flesh"a good way to do that would be to find a used example at a dealer, even a non Yeti would be better than the brochure. I and several other members use one of these mats, being pliable it s a good fit with the raised floor and has a raised lip which restrains any dirt etc.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAILORED-RUBBER-BOOT-LINER-Mat-Tray-SKODA-YETI-2009-up-/121173987936?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AYeti&hash=item1c36885260

·
Administrator
5,138 Posts
Welcome w1zzer. Good luck with the colour hunt. There has been much debate on here as to which is the best colour. The best is the one you like!

As The Hood says best if you can see one "on the car" on a forecourtrather than a small sample in the showroom as many of the colours seem to change slightly depending on the light.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree with The Hood I too have one of these rubber mats in my boot and can thoroughly recommend it . There are also a good choice of interior mats on eBay a lot of which are better than those available from the dealer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all your suggestions folks. That rear boot map looks like something I will be buying I think.

I will also be looking for mats. Have seen plenty on various online sites and will chose one of them when the time comes

Just going to load my Sandisk SDHC card up with music.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are threads on loading your SD card. If you want to play random tracks you will have to drag and drop one track at a time. If however you are happy to listen to whole albums then you can drag and drop whole albums.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got like all the UK No.1 singles from 1940 to 2014in an album. Then say all the queen singles in another album etc. Dance on another. 70's tracks in another etc. Would it be ok to just drag and drop these albums onto the card?

I did that to the mini usb stick I have for my present car. So hope the same method works with the SD card. All tracks are in MP3. They have been checked with cool edit pro and MP3tag

Does the card have to be formatted to fat32 or is it ok just to drop them on the SD Card

·
Registered
206 Posts
In my recent experience it was OK just to drag and drop files in Windows onto the SD card, however I found if I dragged and dropped whole albums even compilations the player in the Yeti would only play the tracks in the order they were recorded. When I'm on the road I like a bit of variety and prefer not to know what track will be the next to play so I dragged and dropped different tracks from different albums onto the SD card this seems to give you the option to random play on playback.
But if you are happy to listen to whole albums you can simply drag them onto the SD card.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok Timbo that sounds better than having to chose from a book or trying to hunt out the colour on a dealers forecourt. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine is in Cappuccino metallic, though in the bizarre world of motor manufacturers colour nomenclature this turned out to be exactly the same colour as my P/exed Saab 9-5 the colour on which was described as ' Grey' !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Doesn't seem to want to work from my IPad. I'll try later when on the computer. Took one especially for you with a wonderful blue sky backdrop, before I went offload and got the beast dirty!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have uploaded a picture taken this afternoon (note the wonderful cloudless blue sky) at the Nene outfall on The Wash.

The car is a Laurent and Klemin 2.0 TDI (140PS)in Champagne. The colours show it looking greyer than it is in reality. Nearer a light bronze colour to my eye

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi Timbo, I have exactly the same, it all depends on the light as to whether it is seen as the light bronze or silver. I am very happy with her.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Timbo

I have just seen your picture of the L&K Yeti. I ordered mine last week and chose Muscovado brown for mine. Just a quick question, how do you find the seats? I have yet to see a L&K in the flesh as so to speak and a few on here have said that the seats are a little different from the Elegance Yeti.

Poetry6666

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Wizzer, here is another hello from down under. I do hope you are able to find a colour choice which suits you and your personality. Do have a bonza day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts