Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I see many familiar screen names already! Just joint to keep in touch.

Whilst you were not over at the other site, there was a random unprovoked attack on the handling of the Yeti comparing to the new Mini Convertible today - the topic was about the Mini Convertible on the general area and no one has ever mentioned Yeti, yet random Octavia owner started saying it would handle better than the Yeti....just because the topic was started by a Yeti owner....

Anyway, nice to be here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woops, forgotten to mention what I have.

A 10 reg 1.2 TSI S model in aqua blue with silver roof rail and wheel arch extension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi My_Yeti!
I saw that picture (in another place) before I got my Yeti. Yesterday I drove mine in windy autumnal conditions and realised I need a grill like yours to stop filling up with leaves. The wheel arches I don't need; but I like!

·
Registered
83 Posts
My next Yeti is going to be a white one. I'm thinking those arch flares will look quite good with the contrast between the black plastic and white bodywork. And I am going to offroad it. so it'll keep more mess off the paint too.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi Bossfox My dealer has them fitted toa white170 demonstrator, and they do look good also has the side steps and chrome wing mirror covers.

How many years have you got to wait now

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not too long.

We've been so impressed with our 1.2 DSG SE that it's going in part exchange for a 12 plate in March.
But we've had to order an Elegance to get the electric seat option as my wife and I are rather different in height.

But I was only allowed to change her Yeti if the new one was the same engine, gearbox and colour.

So I've treated myself to a white diesel 4x4 170 CR for work. Hopefully it won't be too far behind the red DSG, so we'll be a 2 Yeti family. (3 if you include my Mum's Greenline that arrived last week - bought because she was so impressed with my wife's !!!)

Crazy isn't it, you buy one and they multiply!!!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Wife insisted on black for my 1.2tsi and black again for the 110. I get to chose all the toys on it though

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
freedie said:
Hi My_Yeti!
I saw that picture (in another place) before I got my Yeti. Yesterday I drove mine in windy autumnal conditions and realised I need a grill like yours to stop filling up with leaves. The wheel arches I don't need; but I like!
Its not too difficult to fit the grille, there are two ways of doing it. I used mesh and cut to fit then cable tie it to the existing grille, or bahnstormer vrs (not sure if he's here) removed the silver bit and clap mesh into place.

Main reason why I fitted it is because there is excessive stone chip to the aircon heating matrix, apparently because the UK models doesn't have the plastic protector fitted....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts