Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my 1.6 Elegence Greenline last Friday (20/01/2012) from a North Kent dealer and today I'm promised a build date. When I get it I'll be back with the full tale of how I bought a Skoda and the start of the 'Badge of Shame'

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello again,

I have a build date of Week 9. That don't seem too bad but I'm aware of the horror stories that abound. It could be I have a fairly straight forward spec and the right colour, Petrol Blue. The only extrasbeing Park Assist and a folding front passenger seat.

So why have a bought a Yeti when I was going to buy a Scenic? I did spend six months with the brochures to create a short list, not including the Yeti, and finally chosen the Scenic as I've owned two previously without any regrets. So just before Christmas headed to the dealer, money in hand, to buy one. However due to a facelift they had no spec and no prices. I would have to wait until February. I had a few weeks off so, with idle hands controlled by the devil, started to re-assess my list. Sportage, Cashcow and Scenic? Kia didn't have a demo available so on to Nissan. I didn't like it. Not very versatile in the seat/luggage department and if I tried to set the drivers seat how I like it I was touching the head lining. It's not for me. On the same forecourtwas their other franchise, for Skoda. I went in to purely discount the Yeti from the list. I like to browse without being pestered and I had ten minutes before I was offered help. In that time I realised what a brilliant package the Yeti was. It filled the same criteria that I had set for the Scenic. Felt better in the materials used and everything just fell to hand. Next dayI came back for a test drive with my wife. I knew that if she didn't like it I would know immediatley. After anhalf an hour road test we were both smitten. Forget the Scenic where do I sign. Not felt so sure of a car for many years. So that's how I bought a Yeti. I've now had the usual Skoda reaction from friends and family, except one who happens to own a Fabia Vrs, but somehow I don't care.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Well done choosing a Yeti.
I have had mine seven days and love it. It has one or two "peculiarities" but so do all cars. I also looked at Nissan but did not like it. Take the build week with a pinch of salt until the week is confirmed, which is about two weeks before the "birth". I ordered mine last September with an eta of mid February, it varied from week 46/11 to week 01/12. All went quiet at the end of week one, then it appeared at the dealer around the 14th. Mine was an already planed demo which the dealer managed to re-spec to what I wanted which is why my wait was fairly short, has yours done the same?
I actuallyencourage the usual Skoda jokes, it does not bother me as I know my car is better.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome to the potential Yeti family. I own a Octavia Vrs 170 bhp and love it. However, and as previously mentioned, take your BD. with a pinch of salt.

It is quoted purely to keep the customers' attention; otherwise fictional in the extreme. Especially so if you placed your order with Motorline (Dartford). I ordered myYeti on 2 April 2011 and l am still waiting, despite cancelling my order once and then having second thoughts.

However, l am nowassured that my personal BD. will not extend beyond week 7. If it does then alter l will indeed cancel my order, end of story.
!!

If and when you receive your unit this side of Christmas, l hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Roll on Skoda entering an Octavia pumping out 600phb for the Bonville flats in the USA, you can read about it on Skoda's racing site.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here we are then. Almost 2 months to the day from orderI have a Yeti. No panic, no crisis, all very smooth. Thanks Sunil. He kindly showed me the list of waiting times and it's still the 4x4's that are show as 6 months plus. The other models half that or even less.
ThePetrol Blue looks fantastic in the sun, blue from one angle and almost green from another. Might be a little dark for some tastes but The Voice over my shoulder loves it, and if she approves then it must be good.

I had set this week aside for Yeti familiarisation but as usual it hasn't gone to plan and I have no time spare. In fact within hours of collection we were off around the M25 without even looking in the handbook. Just time before hand to fit mudflaps and boot lip protector before I left. So first impressions are very favourable. Leather upholstery is nice and supportive with excellent adjustment. Mirrors and controls perfect. It's so nice to look over your shoulder and have vision of the road, not some interior panel. A/C is awesome and on that I've suffered years of sitting in a greenhouse because 'someone is cold'. Welcome Dual Zone I love you already. Bolero sound is really crisp and to my surprise played my SD cards with no problems. Bluetooth picked up my phone with no drama and call quality is fine. Started to dabble with voice control but thought better of it. I now know why it wasI called the Snowmonster 'Abi' as it seems to have adominating woman locked under the bonnet. Other things used were the heated seats, not for long I must add but quick and efficent, 'stop/start' which is a weird feeling, Zenon lights and turning fogs and cruise control. So I found it all fell nicely to hand which is always the sign of a good car. And while I think of it the consumption came out a nice 53.9 mpg for a mixed 200 miles.

So I think I have the start of a beautiful friendship with Abi. Next week we are off to the Cotswolds together so I should be able to post some 'tasteful' shots when we get back.

Yeti Greenline Elegence 1.6 in Petrol Blue

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is Abi. Post showroom but pre Autoglym. I'll post more photos in the gallery next week but I thought one wouldn't hurt in this section.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Hi
Very nice, welcome to the select few, there still not many Yeti's about. I also use an SD card rather than CD's. For one thing I don't need to store the six empty cases. I use a program calleditunes export to copy albums from itunes to an sd card (link below if you wan to give it a try).

http://www.ericdaugherty.com/dev/itunesexport/

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for that. Very pleased so far and really looking forward to this week away. On the downside The Voice has expressed an interest in taking the helm so I may be left pushing buttons and looking out of the window some of the time.

I had set my SD cards to work with my Garmin 550 for music whilst touring on two wheels. I think it was through Windows Media player but it works so that'sgood as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PARK ASSIST! How did I forget that.
I paid for the thing so I better use it. This is going to be a fun week.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
looks good
I can see you have found the parking ticket holder in the windscreen, have a good time away with your new toy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts