Yeti Owners Club banner

Hey everyone!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  igg 
#1 ·
Hello ad good day everyone. Just found this corner in the web and joined as I will hopefully be soon proud owner of a Candy White Yeti 170 TDi 4x4. Mind you, I'm not only new to Yeti, but also to Škoda in general too, so I feel even more excited about it! Nice to meet you all.

#2 ·
Welcome Mr C. Come back and let us know what you think of your yeti when it arrives, or in the meantime folks on this forum will be happy to answer any queries you may have.

#5 ·
Hi 2u2 and thank you! The Yeti will be new and hopefully it will be pre-FL as I like better the current one from what I've seen so far. But it isn't likely on my case though. Word is that week 45 is the starting week for FL production, while I will be getting mine delivered earlier than that so its really very difficult to end up me having the FL version.

On the other hand that's the thing with a good messy mess
in case it happens. One can never know how it will turn out untill its done!
Edited by: MrC

#7 ·
Hello fellow newbie! I've got a 2.0 TDI 110PS SE Plus 2WD (also Candy White) on order. This is my second Skoda and I must admit that I hope that this one is a complete sea-change from my last experience with the brand. It was a used Superb and the Xenon headlights failed twice a few days after I bought it. The dealer (not a Skoda one) only "solved" the issue when they found water ingress into the headlamp unit. After replacing two lots of bulbs and headlight controller units, they gave me the option of them replacing the headlights for non-xenons or choosing another car. My wife was so frustrated by this stage that we went for the car exchange, choosing a Ford Mondeo. That's another story in itself!
Having said this, I'm not at all worried by my latest purchase and think that the Yeti will be a paragon of reliability and joy for its owners. I just had to specify no xenon headlights in order to keep the missus happy

#8 ·
MrC said:
Hi 2u2 and thank you! The Yeti will be new and hopefully it will be pre-FL as I like better the current one from what I've seen so far. But it isn't likely on my case though. Word is that week 45 is the starting week for FL production, while I will be getting mine delivered earlier than that so its really very difficult to end up me having the FL version.

On the other hand that's the thing with a good messy mess
in case it happens. One can never know how it will turn out untill its done!
What is pre-FL? This is making me a little worried.....

#9 ·
Hi Louigie! The FL stands for FaceLift which is due to September (1st presentation in Frankfurt motorshow) and supposedly production starts at week 45 (4th of November I think). From what the spy shots show so far I was not impressed at all as there is a strong indication/suspicion that the round fog lights are going to be replaced by rectangular ones placed at the lower front bumper. This for me would be a no go aesthetically and a certain deal breaker for my wife so I harried up to get the pre-facelift (pre-FL) version which is currently still on sale.Sorry to hear about your Xenons and all you had to go through as well. Hopefully I wont have such issues as I have ordered the car with Xenons too (factory, not aftermarket) but only time will tell now ;) I will keep you posted when I get it delivered how it all goes.

#10 ·
MrC said:
Hi Louigie! The FL stands for FaceLift which is due to September (1st presentation in Frankfurt motorshow) and supposedly production starts at week 45 (4th of November I think). From what the spy shots show so far I was not impressed at all as there is a strong indication/suspicion that the round fog lights are going to be replaced by rectangular ones placed at the lower front bumper. This for me would be a no go aesthetically and a certain deal breaker for my wife so I harried up to get the pre-facelift (pre-FL) version which is currently still on sale.Sorry to hear about your Xenons and all you had to go through as well. Hopefully I wont have such issues as I have ordered the car with Xenons too (factory, not aftermarket) but only time will tell now ;) I will keep you posted when I get it delivered how it all goes.
It was quite a while ago but as I remember it, the water ingress into the headlight unit was a known issue but the garage only got a Skoda main dealer involved after they attempted to "fix" it the first time. They then attempted a further repair, knowing that there was a good chance of further failure but they didn't want to incur the cost of replacing a whole xenon headlamp unit, which apparently was very expensive. If they'd sent it to Skoda and replaced the whole thing in the first place, it probably would have cost them less for them than it was replacing two control units, bulbs and transporting another vehicle from their dealership in Lancashire 215 miles from where I live! Btw, when the Xenons were working, they were great;I'm sure that you'll have no problems with yours.
Btw, thanks for the information regarding pre-FL. 'Should have sussed that myself really!

Edited by: fastestlouigie

#14 ·
Thank you both!

Nichola welcome to you too. I wish you (and I) will both have a great experience with our choice to trust both Yeti and Škoda. And to be honest so far I have nothing but the best to say about it from what I read :)

Hazmat thank you too. This little corner in the web here looks like a great place to be, full of info and most importantly people who are willing to help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.