Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.I am seriously considering buying a Yeti 1.8,as long as I can get the finances to stack up......
The reason for the 1.8 is because I do many short journeys to the station of approx 3miles each way.
I thought this would be a no no for diesel.I need the 4X4 as at weekends I work my dogs on shoots & need the advantage over muddy fields & rutted tracks.
I have been looking at various places to buy & Discounted New Cars.Com seem very reasonable & wondered had anyone used them & were they OK?
Many thanks
Deb

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello Debs,

no experience of Discounted New Cars. Com but we used "Carfile" and found them to be excellent. Our New Yeti was supplied by Rainworth Skoda, a top dealer in Mansfield. We saved a small fortune when our "local dealers" wanted list price and a long wait list for our 2.0 Yeti TDi. See

www.carfile.net or call 01785 270101 and ask for Jonathan Lawless. Mention thatMike Thompson has recommended him !!.

·
Administrator
13,660 Posts
I used Skodastore.com which is actually Rainworth Skoda. Happy new car and Orange wheels are also worth a look. When I was looking for a Yeti, Rainworth offered me the best deal and the discount was extended to any extras specified, the sales Manager Jeremy was very good indeed. Theydeliver nationwide free of charge with your car arriving on a transporter (not driven).If you want the extended warranty make sure you ask for it when placing the order as the websites tend to overlook it and you can only get it when you place your order.

Edited by: The Hood

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps.Had a look at Car File but was more expensive but at least I know now that they are legit.Have sent for a quote at Skodastore,I appreciate the heads up on the extended warranty.Would never have given it a thought.
One more question.If I order the spare tyre,will the boot floor be flat? The reason I ask is that I will fit a dog box in the back.
Ooooh & another one.The headlights.Can they be adjusted for use on the continent?
That's all for the mo.
Thank you again for your input.
Deb

·
Administrator
4,645 Posts
With a spare wheel the boot is flat to the back of the rear seats but if you remove them or tip them forward there is a drop of c 6 inches to the level of the car floor. You would best be advised to take the measurements of your dog box and visit a local dealer to check the fit. You could of course post them here and a friendly member will I am sure measure their yeti for you.
As regards headlamp adjustment if you have Bi Xenons then they can be adjusted via the MFD controls. As far as I am aware on others you arerequired to fitexternal headlamp beam benders. You haven't set which model you are thinking of ordering but the Bi-Xenons are standard only on the Elegance spec.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Debs, I,ve just got the Elegance specced Yeti and had chance of a SE+ specced one, a bit more money but well worth the difference. Bi Xenon lights and leather seats sold it to me, plus the other extras you get as well.Tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your replies.Tony,out of choice I would def prefer the Elegance.
SnowGood,I am grateful for the info.
Just waiting on quote from Skoda Store.
You are all very helpful.
Thanks
Deb

·
Administrator
13,660 Posts
If you end up going to Rainworth and deal with Jeremy tell him you were recommended by the person who's key got locked in the boot. It would be interesting to see if he remembers my little "problem". I was given both keys at the same time (but was not aware)and they both got locked in the boot. It took three hours to "rescue" them. Beware when the car is fresh from the factory it locks itself so whatever you do make sure you keep a key in your pocket.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I think you are wrong about "from the factory". If you use the "open boot only" blipper on the key (when the car is locked), the boot is the only thing that unlocks and when the boot is closed it locks itself again i.e. the whole car is now locked. This is definitely intentional and is a very useful feature.

·
Administrator
13,660 Posts
When I went to pick mine up from the showroom I had unlockedthe entire car whilst I fitted the number plates with double sided pads (the garage were forbiden by the manager to use them). I had been opening and closing all of the doors. My jacket, cleaning materials and number plate wrappings were all over various seats. I raised the boot slightly to align the rear plate lowered itto apply gentle pressure upon which it just caught the boot lock mechanism. Unbeknown by me whilst fitting and aligning the numberplates all the locks had activated. Not a usefull feature if you are unaware of it, not nice being told a window would have to be smashed on abrand new car. Luckily the worlds most patient RAC man managed to get a very stiff piece of wire to activate the release button on the remote inside the boot, he kept atit for nearlytwo hours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts