Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SKODA YETI 2.0l OUTDOOR SE DRIVE TDI SCR Colour Blue
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my first Yeti 2017 with 45k on the clock - have driven 250 miles touch screen on the infotainment does not work correctly...it wont play via my ipod and the button on the steering wheel to select next track just takes you back to the current track being played. Paid £15k to CAZOO and its back with them.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,107 Posts
How are/were you connecting your iPod?

Sounds like you were pressing the BACK button, not the FORWARD button.

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
Welcome to the forum .

Are we talking about an Amundsen or Bolero head unit? Maybe give us a bit more detail on which model Yeti you have bought as that always helps us to help you.
I think most of us have downloaded music albums onto an SD card and used that in the head unit without any problems.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there,

Definatly pressing the forward button :) The SD card slot works fine, the USB Ipod connection "connects" and you can see all the tracks and albums etc on the head unit but when you press play it plays on the Ipod and not through the cars speakers.the car is as follows :-General information Engine & fuel consumption report date: 2022-01-31 Make SKODA Model 2.0l YETI OUTDOOR SE DRIVE TDI SCR Colour Blue Year of manufacture 2017 Top speed 112 mph 0 - 100 km/h 11.6 seconds 0 - 60 mph 11.3 seconds Gearbox 5 speed Manual Diesel

CAZOO called and they are removing the head unit and sending it off for repair as they sent the car to a company called ABTECH who apparently said that it needs repairing, they wont tell me where they are sending it or when I can expect the car back..

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
I've taken the liberty of adding your car details to your profile line so they appear under your username.

So it's an Amundsen II head unit. What Ipod were you using? I've got an old one so can try the same thing and see what result I get to check if it works differently. I've always used the SD card as it's more convenient (and works!) so never tried another device as a audio source.

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
Well I tried with an old Ipod Nano but when connected into the USB port I just get an Error message when selecting input media as USB, so can get no further in seeing if this works.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Like SnowGood, SWMBO's old Nano doesn't work but when SD card selection is insufficient, SWMBO uses Spotify app on her iPhone.
(personally, I prefer no music - engine and road noise good enough for me)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got car back from CAZOO complete new infotainment head fitted and appears ok so far. Any ideas where to get a skinny space saving spare wheel ....have been told if I get the wrong one it wont fit properly in the boot well and will make a hump in the boot carpet.

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
Any ideas where to get a skinny space saving spare wheel ....have been told if I get the wrong one it wont fit properly in the boot well and will make a hump in the boot carpet.
The standard size spare for all Yeti's is 195/60 16"

Reactions: Flintstone

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
6,107 Posts
got car back from CAZOO complete new infotainment head fitted and appears ok so far. Any ideas where to get a skinny space saving spare wheel ....have been told if I get the wrong one it wont fit properly in the boot well and will make a hump in the boot carpet.
The Yeti was never fitted with a stupidly skinny spare wheel and is not Type Approved for it's fitment. Doing so could result in your prosecution and invalid insurance. The approved spare is a 16" wheel with a 195/60r16 tyre and this fits perfectly withe the correct kit. There are often ones advertised on Ebay or Gumtree.

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
The full spare kit that came from a dealer included a set of polystyrene boxes that fit around the wheel with tools, a plastic wheel nut to hold the spare in the boot and a raised boot floor as well as the spare wheel. If you just find the wheel alone you may need to make up some boxes as they add to the support of the boot floor.

·
Administrator
6,153 Posts
Here is one that has all the bits

Ignore most of those on Ebay that say they are for the Yeti. As explained above only this size is type approved

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The tyre was manufactured in 2017 so not that old.
thats what i purchased on e bay.....from

SOLD BYgermantyres123 on ebay ...................oh I guess one lives and learns......If I want a refund I have to send it back at my cost....damm thing weighs over 15kgs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,553 Posts
It should also have a yellow band around the rim to show it is reduced size spare so it may not even be legal to use
Has it not got that together with the 50mph and 80kph?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2017 Outdoor SEL TDi150 4x4 Manual
8,128 Posts
thats what i purchased on e bay.....from

SOLD BY on ebay ...................oh I guess one lives and learns......If I want a refund I have to send it back at my cost....damm thing weighs over 15kgs
‘Caveat Emptor’ applies as always.

Ads that say “fits Yeti” are technically correct in that the skinny space saver fits the spare wheel stowage area. It only becomes a liability in every sense of the word (safety, legality, fitness for purpose, etc.) when you attempt to use it in a road wheel position to substitute for a punctured tyre. Perhaps the redeeming question could be “How likely are you to actually need to use it?”

Good Luck getting the seller to pay for a return. If their sales policy expressly says returns are not accepted or only at the buyer’s expense, then I would not recommend holding one’s breath on that.

Sorry that you seem to have been taken in by possibly a hasty purchase decision?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts