Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi and welcome. It's good to see membership of the forum going up!!..Mines a 2.0ltr 4x4 with which I am very pleased.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi and welcomeTony H, I am pleased to know you are enjoying your 1.8 Yeti. I have the same in silver, which has nowtravelled 6000km and am getting an average 8.5litres per 100km about 33 miles per gallon for mainly uban driving up to now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi tony. Fellow 1.8 fsi owner here. Made the change from an Alfa 147 JTDm with 150bhp and am enjoying the 160bhp Yeti. Done just over 5000 miles now and getting 32.6 mpg real consumption. Just changed over to winter wheels and tyres. Enjoy!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow! if ive done my maths right we are getting 18.5 mpg . thats all stop start city driving tho. 230 miles per tank roughly , 55k litre tank approx = 12.5 gallons divide 230

·
Registered
35 Posts
I tend to get 325 - 350 miles to a tank. Mainly motorway & A roads with a bit of stop start at each end.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
God, I do feel sorry for you petrol drinkers!!
I'm disappointed if I don't get 480 miles before the light comes on!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Out of interest, how much is a full tank of diesel? To fill up my petrol is £70 and that 52 litres or 11.25 gallons...

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
I'm paying 142.9p a litre at either Texaco or BP in Newtown, 144.9p in Llani. Rarely do I spend more than £60.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
I pay 1.41 per litre at Tesco or Shell when they match it and get around 580 miles to a tank. I would not be very happy getting 33 mpg. So far just over 9000 miles and not used a drop of oil.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hood, how would you feel about paying 90 to 92p per litre for petrol, which is what we are currentlypaying in W.A? Checkout the exchange rate of A$1.40 - A$1-42 per litreto British pounds.
So Llanigraham are you still feeling sorry? If we had to pay your prices for petrol I would be crying in my tank too!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I last filled up at ASDA at 133.7 per litre at a cost of £66.52 for 49.75 litres.

In all honesty I would have preferred a diesel but the 5 month old 1.8 petrol Elegance demonstrator with 1050 miles on the clock and some extra toys at £17,500 was not to be sniffed at. My previous ALFA 147 1.9JTDm seemed to get me circa 44mpg on average. And gone are the days of my ALFA GTV 3.0 V6 petrol at 17-20mpg.

And I only tend to do 12,000 miles a year anyway.

I won't be selling privately when the 3 years are up and will probably trade in for a newer model or whatever takes my fancy at that time.

So don't get your hankies out on my account
Edited by: Red Clydeside

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
No difference in my feelings, Banjo, as I only have to compare with the prices we pay in the UK!
And here I appear to be profitting!!

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Banjobach said:
Hood, how would you feel about paying 90 to 92p per litre for petrol, which is what we are currentlypaying in W.A? Checkout the exchange rate of A$1.40 - A$1-42 per litreto British pounds.
So Llanigraham are you still feeling sorry? If we had to pay your prices for petrol I would be crying in my tank too!
I intend to find out why Skoda say no Bio diesel, it may be because of the DPF, as when the warranty expires I would like to produce my own. We are allowed 2000 litres tax free for personal consumption per year. So all going well I will be able to beat your price and get lots of mpg.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Bio Diesel at more than 7% is "banned" by nearly all the manufacturers, not just VAG, especially where the pressurised electronic injection system is used.

As I understand it from other forums, bio does not like being pressurised to the high pressures used, plus it does not have the lubricating properties of "normal" diesel. It is generally "dirtier" than normal diesel, so clogs up the DPF much more quickly.

LR have banned it in all their new diesels, and there have been several stories of Td4 Freelanders with expensively failed injector pumps, filters, and injectors, and damage to engine internals where high percentage bio has been used.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Llanigraham said:
Bio Diesel at more than 7% is "banned" by nearly all the manufacturers, not just VAG, especially where the pressurised electronic injection system is used.

As I understand it from other forums, bio does not like being pressurised to the high pressures used, plus it does not have the lubricating properties of "normal" diesel. It is generally "dirtier" than normal diesel, so clogs up the DPF much more quickly.

LR have banned it in all their new diesels, and there have been several stories of Td4 Freelanders with expensively failed injector pumps, filters, and injectors, and damage to engine internals where high percentage bio has been used.
That does not sound very promising but in three years time things may have improved as regards the production of bio diesel. I can see governments making car and fuelmanufacturers adapt. Reading used it in their buses for a while but do not now, it was like being behind a mobile chip shop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi. May I join? In Croatia, where I live, petrol is 11kn/l or 1.17 £. (And an avarage worker makes about 500-700£ per month).
Still, it takes ages to get home after long working hours. Seams like we have more cars than inhabitants in Zagreb. So if you need an advice how to make 1000 miles with single tank- ask Croatians, ha, ha. Just kidding.
Edited by: Jazz Moli

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's me again. If you don't know, (I don't blame you) it may be as "big" as a willage in China, but Croatia is a country (4,5 millions) in Europe. (Neighboring country to Italy and Austria). And - big hello (and a hug) to all of you, Yeti owners, from Croatia!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am another newbie, from Nottinghamshire - just, today, bought a 2L SE Plus TDI 170 4x4 (red
) from Rainworth Motors. Previously a happy 2L petrol Octavia vRS owner (twice, so covered 200k miles over 11 years) but hoping the Yeti will save a little on fuel and tax (oh and speeding fines too) while feeling in many ways like a vRS (so far, so good).

Does anyone know of a way of changing the voice on the sat nav? I slightly miss the irish brogue on my portable TomTom though the unit on the SE Plus has excellent visuals.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum, my Yeti came from Rainworth as well. I'm afraid I can't help you with the sat navbut good luck with your new car you made a good choice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts