Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pleased to now be the owner of a new 1.8 DSG petrol 4x4 white Yeti, with aftermarket grey leather heated seats. Very pleased so far after changing from a Subaru Forester turbo. Comments on this forum have been helpful, both prior to making the decision to buy and since, so thanks to everyone who has contributed. Yetis are few and far between in our part of the world so good to hear about other views and experiences..I look forward to sharing the journey!Edited by: Aussiejim

·
Administrator
4,647 Posts
Welcome Jim.Could be that every Aussie owner of a Yeti is now on this forum! Enjoy.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your words of welcome. This forum is of real benefit for 'Yetians' in places where Yetis are not seen very often. I guess therefore the name is most appropriate.

·
Administrator
13,664 Posts
There are not many where I live, I can go for weeks without seeing another Yeti. Two weeks ago I went to Devon/Cornwall and saw four or five every day! They were in different places with several different colours so it was not the same ones each time.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Hi Jim,
I agree, Yetis are a bit thin on the ground. I've seen four others here in Perth, soif you start to feel Yetilonely you can always pop overand say hello. I'm planningto head you way later in the year for various reasons including visiting with friends in Mansfield. You did not say how long you have owned your Yeti and how long you have been Yeti spotting.

Silver 1.8TSI DSG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Charles

Mansfield is a very pleasant part of Victoria, we also have friends living near there. The Yeti first grabbed my attention when it was originally tested on Top Gear and then I was interested to view it on release at the Melbourne Motor Show (Australia) two years ago. After considering a number of possible vehicles, to replace my Subaru Forester turbo, I finally decided on the Yeti and have not regretted that decision. I took delivery six weeks ago today and have covered about 1300kms. I'm surprised how few I see around, I can only guess that many people have not yet realised what a great vehicle the Yeti is. So far I love it !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts