Yeti Owners Club banner

Hi from Norwich

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  RedYeti 
#1 ·
Just took delivery of my new Yeti 1.6 TDi SE Greenline, and loving it

#4 ·
Hi Welcome to the Forum, any picutres of your new beast?
I wonder waht sort of mpg you will get, figures seem to vary quite widely between members, even with my size 12's I am currently managing 48 mpg (1500 miles so far). It will be interesting to see ifif the numbers get better as the engine loosens up, or worse as I get into bad habits!

#5 ·
Don't forget the poster is in Norwich. No hills and no chance on those roads of getting up to 70mph so fuel economy should be fantastic. A Greenline is ideal for Norfolk. (by the way, I'm not having a pop here. I live in Northumberland where the roads are rubbish, 100 miles to the nearest motorway, but we have hills as well).

Enjoy your car.

#6 ·
Its white, no pics yet, its been raining since I picked it up, did go out for a run yesterday, dash readout at end of run was 59.4 MPG, but did not exceed 60. I imagine the engine is tight so it should get better with miles.

#7 ·
Tech-Yeti said:
Its white, no pics yet, its been raining since I picked it up, did go out for a run yesterday, dash readout at end of run was 59.4 MPG, but did not exceed 60. I imagine the engine is tight so it should get better with miles.
Just took my first photo

#8 ·
Very nice indeed, the colour really does suit it.
That's the first greenline that I have seen, and it does actualy have a green line down the side!The tyres look more sensible than the ones on my Elegance with a bit more sidewall. I have got a set of unshod 16" wheels waiting for winter tyres, if they cushion the bumps better I may get another set for summer tyres. I imagine that withreduced sidewall height, and theincreasing number of potholes and speed bumps, the 17" tyres are at risk of getting damaged due to the sidewalls being pinched by the rim.

#9 ·
This is without a doubt the most comfortable vehicle I have owned, even though the tyres are run at a higher pressure than most, due to the eco design.
The one thing I have noticed is the lack of engine braking enabling the driver to lift off the throttle far earlier and still maintain speed, due I expect, to the low compression ratio of the diesel engine and of course the fact that Norfolk is flat, as mentioned in an earlier post.

#10 ·
Hi Norwich

I'm thinking of buying the same model. But I haven't been able to try the Greenline - the garage doesn't seem able to allow me to try one out.. Does the stop/start give any noticeable delay?I would also quite like to put my bicycle in it, any idea if a push bike would fit?

Best wishes

#12 ·
Madscience said:
Hi Norwich

I'm thinking of buying the same model. But I haven't been able to try the Greenline - the garage doesn't seem able to allow me to try one out.. Does the stop/start give any noticeable delay?I would also quite like to put my bicycle in it, any idea if a push bike would fit?
The stop/start works very well, as soon as you come to a standstill in neutral, foot off clutch, it stops.
Starts straight away by pushing down clutch, no delay. The Greenline is equipped with energy recuperation so the battery can handle all you can throw at it.

I've not tried to get a bike in it, so on that front I cannot help, but I am sure someone on this forum has.

I am very pleased with mine, it's returning an average Mpg of 54.6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.