Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my yeti adventure remote central locking
Basically it has suddenly stopped working remotely and now only works by locking with the key
The fob battery is working as the fob lights up when you press it
I followed a proceedure on utube to get the fob working which worked for 10 mins but now the fob has stopped opening the doors again
Any advice greatfully received

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Can we please start with a few more details of exactly which car you have, especially what year.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hi barney63 and welcome to this excellent forum. Your quandry with locking has been exposed before, so someone will be along soon to help, once you have responded to Llanigraham's question!

·
Premium Member
6,256 Posts
Check the wiring looms between the front doors and the A-pillars. Inside the black rubber trunking. Looking for cracked, frayed and broken individual wires.

Problems with erratic central locking are frequently caused by issues in the wiring there. Followed later by other problems like window lifters developing a mind of their own and doing un-commanded things. Particularly on earlier cars prior to the change in the loom design (from later in 2013 I think it was?), when a much longer U-shaped loop was introduced into the door loom.

Can’t guarantee that is the answer. But the first place to start looking.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi Barney,
what Flintstone said.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Does the locking button between the front seats work on all doors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts