Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'vehad our Yeti for nearly a year now and have enjoyed every trip, does anyone know of any Yeti meets in the UK?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thought I should say, we have a 140bhp CR TDI in Corroda red from Caffyns of Ashford in Kent. Oh, and a 57 Fabia vrs in black.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Afraid yeti meets a few and far between, I have been on two in my two years of ownership and that was in Yorkshire andwe combined it with a bit of family tree info collecting, the other was south London the only others that have taken place was one in wales and one in Epsom surrey, all organized on another site and only 3 or 4 yetis turned up on all the meets.

The only other meets are skoda meets which all the makes turn up for here is a photo of the Yorkshire meet

and one of the south London meet

If we could get a few more members on here we could try and set one up,

·
Administrator
13,457 Posts
Hi The idea of an all Yeti site is a good one but with such a rare car things around here are pretty quiet, when I joined in September I was around No6. In October there was a number of others joined from another site, but due to lack of activity and the absence of the site administrator is seemed to die away, but now it is up to 88. That said there are some very helpfull people around particularly Wakev, he has answered quite a few of my questions.
Here is a couple of pictures ofwhy I bought my Yeti, Christmas 2010 in Aachen, it snowed for four days. We arrived during freezing rain, and on the second night we had 14 inches of snow overnight, yes that was 14 inches!My brother in law lives on a steep hill and I was in a front wheel drive car on Michelin energy savers. I have a spare set of wheels and will be geting some winter tyres for the Yeti ready forthe next trip. By the way the germans are worse at clearing roads than we are.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
this is the reason i changed my 1.2tsi for a 110 4x4, the gritters don't get to the village when it snows

thanks hood always help others if i can

Edited by: wakev

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all, thanks for the messages, we'er hoping to go to the Nurburg Ring in May 2012 with some other Skoda fanatics, our may be the only Yeti, let you know what my track time is, lol.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
A Yeti meet would be a good idea, see how our group grows over the next few months and we might be able to get something sorted

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Although I am not very active here now, I hope to be planning something nearer the summer if nobody else does.
It will probably be on Salisbury Plain as that is quite central and suitable for Yetis IMO.

I'm also in the early stages of planning a Morocco trip in 2013 (Easter Time) but doubting any fellow drivers will probably be going alone. It'll be three weeks door to door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi peeps, was following a 4x4 V6 Superb this morning, was wondering if Skoda would ever put a 2.5 or 2.7 ltr V6 in a Yeti, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
873 Posts
When I was last in the dealers the salesman said they would be doing them later this year

1 - 17 of 17 Posts