Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there we are looking at the Yeti for my wife as she is now on the road worknig most days so thought it would be good to see what advice you guys have

Martin

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have been faithful followers of Skoda now for the last 8/9 years and have had several octavias, a fabia estate and since last September a Yeti 2 litre diesel se model. We waited 6 months for it and absolutely loved it.

Unfortunately this period was very short-lived as it turns out that the car has a major paint defect. It runs along the bottom of both doors on both sides and also the rear wheel arches.

Skoda agree that there is a defect but are only prepared to repair the wheel arches. Everyone at our garage agrees with us that the whole thing should be repaired but Skoda Warranty don't. This has left us in an exceptionally difficult and stressful situation and we're not quite sure what the outcome is going to be.

We'd love to hear from any other Yeti owners who have similar problems as we know that there are other yetis out there that have the same defect as ours.

Lynne & Iain.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Hi to both of you and welcome to the site!

We've only just started up but hopefully we'll have some others along soon to help out with advice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your paint work. Asothers have suggested, bring in trading standards, notify your local press; no manufacturer enjoys adverse publicity. Suggest the paper seek a response from the manager of the showroomregarding your vehicle.

Personally, l would leave the vehicle outside the showroom with an appropriate message placed upon it displaying the virtues (or not) of the manufacturer, and what they are not prepared to undertake.

You have to engage 'the dog with a bone' attitude. do not relent, they will eventuallycome to a favourable agreement with you. It is not in their long term interest to ignore you.

Good luck, do not give in!

·
Registered
77 Posts
have you heard anything about the fault on the paintwork,i am very suprised that skoda have not dealt with this matter as i have had new skoda cars for the last 7 years and find them very helpfull.
hope eveything turns out alright for you. good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts