Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad day. Stepped out the front door to see some fatherless son had gouged my rear alloy and nearly ripped the rear bumper clean off. Hit and run. Nobody saw a thing. Just sharing my pain folks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Defiantly a steward from a drinking establishment.

The damage is at least confined to the bumper and alloy wheel, the bumper should clip back mostly in the right place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a local, small time, body shop guy calling to bodge it back together. I was thinking that he would have a variety of clips, pins and clasps and be able to visualise the solution.
My neighbour has a cctv camera on the front of his house and it's pointing pretty much at the back of my car. I think the camera is to safeguard the agricultural business he runs from the loft! Difficult man to tie down for a chat but you never know. He might have captured something that will lead to someone else paying for the damage.
You can take my wife and you can drink my pint but don't mess with me Yeti!!!

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CR110 2WD Manual
6,858 Posts
My neighbour has a cctv camera on the front of his house and it's pointing pretty much at the back of my car. I think the camera is to safeguard the agricultural business he runs from the loft!
Agricultural or Horticultural?? :ROFLMAO:

OK - my inner pedant is showing again now. Agricultural could include livestock and crops that you plant on a field scale. Horticultural is more like green stuff that can often be grown in greenhouses, etc. Or smaller field scale vegie crops. Very broad distinctions with lots of overlap though. :D Yes - you've guessed - my university years were in the Dept. of Agriculture and Horticulture. Stuff with crinkly leaves in the loft would be "horticultural" though. (y)

Hope you can find the culprit who raped your Yeti though!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Horticulture then. I still haven't caught up with him.
The guy from the body shop never pitched up so.....

Any links, be it YouTube, photos or technical manual, for:-
Removal and Replacement of Bumper.
...... would be much appreciated 👍
I'll get out there and sort it with the professional tool kit of cable ties, duck tape, WD40 and a hammer 🛠🤠

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
If not too much cosmetic damage to the bumper there are plenty of companies that could repair that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now I'm going to bond the bits back together. If I'm not happy with the result I'll pay the £100+ for a second hand one off ebay.
What are your suggestions on bonding plastics bumper components?

·
Registered
244 Posts
West Epoxy do a kit for plastics. Best to look at their web site - they used to have an impressive video of a canoe being cut in two and stuck back together again. Like all West products, the kit isn’t cheap but if it does the job..........
You must read the instructions, from memory the plastic has to be heated first, which changes its molecular structure
I haven’t used this particular West product so can’t give my personal experience

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a bumper from a 2012 Yeti, some scuffs,and the reflectors have been removed,but otherwise usable.I am near Neath if you’re interested,don’t want much for it!
Thank you very much. I got your message and I'll be in touch. I will take you up on your kind offer. Sorry for the delay getting back to you I've been off grid for a while.

1 - 16 of 15 Posts