Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an effort to boost our 38.8 average mpg, and to get some warm sun, we are off to sunny southern Spain end of next week. I'll try to keep track of Yeti's seen and acknowledgment's. Perhaps a photo on top of Gibralter.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
On Friday we're off to Barbados for a week, I think I would probably enjoy your trip more, but the furthest I have managed to get SWMBO to travel by car is Aachen to visit her brother. Make sure you post some pictures I have always wanted to go to Gibralter.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I do hope the weather improves a bit for you Tim cos it's chucking it down at present.Snow up north as well but at least it's not too cold.They do say it's gonna get better by the end of the week but expect some strong wind's.Geeze,I hope the sun's gonna shine as I want to get out for a drive.Cant at present because of rain.Nearly got caught out this morning down the village but managed to get home just in time.Cant get him dirty.Yeah yeah!! Still a tart.

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Would you miserable beggars stop yacking about sun and holidays!!
Some of us have to work you know!!

Nearest we are going to get soon is a week down in Cornwall with the caravan at the middle of April!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well Graham, I hope the weather in Cornwall will be better than over the past few days. We returned today from Padstow after enduring below freezing temperatures and winds that made our dufflecoats feel totally inadequate. Still, you hard guys from up north would probably describe the weather as 'slightly chilly with a hint of a breeze !!!

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Oy, careful about the "you hard folks up north"!!
I'm not a Gog you know!!

Cardiff born and Cardiff bred!!

(to slightly misquote Frank Hennessy)

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
Llanigraham said:

Nearest we are going to get soon is a week down in Cornwall with the caravan at the middle of April!!

We spent a long weekend in Devon/Cornwall a couple of weeks ago. The weather was cold but we managed to find some coastal roads signposted as 30% with hairpin bends, very enjoyable, SWMBO kept her eyes shut. If you end up close to the dreaded Trago Mills at Newton Abbott they have a Warrens pasty shop, highly recommended. St Austell Brewery do a good pint of "Proper Job", according to Cornishrelatives, it was created by the same person who produced a special beer for the eclipse (renamed Tribute), which saved the brewery. If you want something more potent there is always HSD (known locally as High Speed Death, it gives me a headache!)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pity u couldn't get your hands on some Yeti beer! See link below (not exactly Cornish though!)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/158/12013

·
Premium Member
4,729 Posts
Don't worry, The Hood, daughter lives down there and her and her partner are both "ale" drinkers so we get to the good beer pubs. I've drunk plenty of Proper Job!! They've just moved to Carbis Bay so we'll have a trawl of the pubs there.

Going to have a couple of days around Launceston/Tavistock on the way down as we want to go to Morwellham Quay and I want to go on the Launceston Railway and get some photos.

Your 30% hill sounds like the hill down to the Tin Streams near St Agnes. Also famous for the "Blue Hills" track that goes off through gates on the one hairpin. Owned by the VSCC and used on Classic Trials. There are a few Yeti friendly green lanes in that area.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
They appear to produce about twelve variations of Yeti beer. Nothing to loose I just sent them an email to see if it is sold over here, I doubt if it is as The Great Divide Brewery describe themselves as a micro brewery. Maybe we should have aYeti owners meet in Denver.

Here is their "beer page"
http://greatdivide.com/beers/#all

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Llanigraham said:

Sorry, but having been made redundant and falling into early retirement we thought we should spend some of our sons inheritance!

Next question Suzuki, How is the weather? improving I hope. No chance of the Aussi's temperatures presumably. Where(ish) are you in Andalucia?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Weather a tad better but nowt to shout about I'm afraid.They tell me it's gonna try a bit harder after monday so finger's crossed for you.Our location is about forty five mins inland from Mojacar,around 15 mins from the main E15 autovia so easy to reach.Let us know if you want the kettle on.As for Aussie temperatures,on the warm side but proper girlie compared to down here in the summer.We're ruffty tuffty reaching mid fourties regularly and last year fifty plus once or twice.That was a badun as the hospital's were struggling with older folk falling down all over the place.Aussies hot,pah!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Llanigraham said:
Oy, careful about the "you hard folks up north"!!
I'm not a Gog you know!!

On our way to Llansamlet last June to pick up our new Yeti we passed through Gogledd Cymru in bright sunshine, By the time we got to mid-Wales there was torrential rain and a lot of the roads were flooded so I reckon it's you down south who are the "hard folks"

Regards, Lee.

·
Registered
760 Posts
You are right - Poor AussieJim! Because it's not unusual to get 4 seasons in one day in Melbourne. I remember being there just a few years ago to enjoy (not) a top, day time temperature of14 degrees in the middle of summer. Burr. So we are please to hear that you are getting some warm weather during the summer / autumn.

I enjoyed the Welsh rain for the first 16 years of my life, which reminds me. When people get to know that I am originally from Wales they tell me; I went to Wales once and it rained. Boyo does it make me laugh!

Dymuniadau gorau,

Banjobach

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just to add a bit more fuel to the fire we are off next week to southernSpainas well. Thisretirementlark is ok but it can get difficult trying to fit it all in. We have just come back from a week in Cornwall with a couple of nights in Weston Super Mare on the way back - its hard to draw breath sometimes!!

We will go over on Eurotunnel and then drive down through France with an overnight stop at Pamplona (no bull run though) and then down to sunny (hopefully) Andalucia for a month and then all the way back again.

How long are you staying for Igg and where abouts? We are in Alozaina just north of Coin and about 50 minutes drive to Marbella or Malaga. You never know our paths may cross or at least be a bit close. I probably come quite close to you at home, myparentslive in Faversham

Happy holiday everyone.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Geeze,all these yeti's in one place.It'll be like a breeding ground.It's only since I've owned Yodo that I have realized just how many Skoda's are on the road down here.Fabia's seem to be the most common but load's of octavias and to a lesser extent superb's.We cant all be wrong surely ??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts