Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little Wanda has now got a sad little single note toot on her car horn whereas previously she had a good two tone sound.

Is this a change of fuse job or am I looking at having to replace the defective horn?

I understand that the horns are located underneath the front bumper too....

All comments welcomed..

Thank you.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The most likely cause is the earth connection. Not sure how they have done it on the Yeti because of all sorts of interactions with alarm systems, air bags etc. Traditionally the earth was picked up by the body of the horn being bolted to a body panel and it is there that corrosion can cause a problem. Other than that look at the connectors. It is unlikely to be the fuse unless the blades are grotty.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Surely if it was a fuse, neither horn would work??

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The most likely cause is the earth connection. Not sure how they have done it on the Yeti because of all sorts of interactions with alarm systems, air bags etc. Traditionally the earth was picked up by the body of the horn being bolted to a body panel and it is there that corrosion can cause a problem. Other than that look at the connectors. It is unlikely to be the fuse unless the blades are grotty.
Many thanks Trilux - the quick reply is appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,639 Posts
Surely if it was a fuse, neither horn would work??
Not necessarily? (Need to check the Yeti fuse pattern.) Many cars were / are separately fused so that a problem on one side doesn't render both inoperative. Same for headlamps and rear light clusters.

Edit: The Yeti dashboard end fuse list - fuse 34 reads "spare horn". Suggesting a "main horn" is fused elsewhere? I can't find it listed as such though? Possible true meaning "lost in translation"?

Reactions: Bantam57

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not necessarily? (Need to check the Yeti fuse pattern.) Many cars were / are separately fused so that a problem on one side doesn't render both inoperative. Same for headlamps and rear light clusters.

Edit: The Yeti dashboard end fuse list - fuse 34 reads "spare horn". Suggesting a "main horn" is fused elsewhere? I can't find it listed as such though? Possible true meaning "lost in translation"?
View attachment 4613

View attachment 4613
Many thanks Flintstone ...

·
Premium Member
5,762 Posts
The Yeti dashboard end fuse list - fuse 34 reads "spare horn". Suggesting a "main horn" is fused elsewhere? I can't find it listed as such though? Possible true meaning "lost in translation"?
Fuse 17 under the bonnet adjacent to the battery.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts