Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
just been told that my new Yeti is being built this week
(ordered in Dec) anyone know how long delivery currently taking ? i would like it 1st march for the new plates if poss,
all the best
Paul

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
That may be pushing it a bit, it can take about 4 weeks from build to delivery, but thatdepends on how long it has to wait to get on the boat it has been known for cars to sit on the docks for a week or two.

Hope yours has a first class ticket and gets to you soon

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine was scheduled to be built in the 2nd week of October 2012 and I picked it up at the end of October. I would suspect that you'd be picking it up after 1st March but check as garages have been known to want to shift cars before month end so insist on a post February delivery to ensure you get the new registration.

Keith

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info, i should of told you this is the second one i ordered, the first turned up in Dec ( i ordered it 13 weeks before) that but it came with the manual gear box and i wanted a auto . so i had to re-order again, it better be right this time.
cheers and i will post again when i know whats happening.
Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just been told that my Yeti is built and is now in shipping Phase, i could take 2.5 weeks to get here, that seems like months!
Paul

·
Registered
28 Posts
M0BMN said:
mine will be about 13-14 weeks

That's why I went for a 3 month oldex-demo model. From being first interested in the Yeti I had to wait over 12 months before I could afford it and then with the money burning a hole in my pocket the thought of waiting another 3 or 4 months was to much to bear!

Is your user name M Zero BMN? if so, I'm G0FCZ

Regards, Lee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Lee
Yes your right its my callsign , i have a nice ft-7900 that i hope to fit into the yeti when it gets here, in the past i have used a through the glass type antenna and hope to use that with this setup, i will remote mount the body in the boot near the 12v outlet and see if that can supply the current for the rig, on paper it will but sometimes the 12 sockets are a low on power.
anyway that will give me something to play with when it arrives, (only 2 weeks to go i hope!)
Paul

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
My Yeti was week one 2012 build, and was at the dealers in Mansfield on Jan 13th. It may have been quicker due to people wanting to delay unitl March but as I intend to keep mine I was not bothered.The total time from order to possesion was five months.

·
Registered
25 Posts

If i get a 2.000 cc car in Greece I will not have money to pay the taxes and the gasoline even if i work 24 hours per day!!!

In Greece if you have a 2.000 cc car they saying that you are rich and you have to pay 1.100 euro per year for taxes, even more you have to pay 1000 euro for insurance and the goverment says that if you have a 2.000 cc car you must have at least income of 12.000 euro to have it! If you dont have this income you pay 1.000 euro extra!
Imagine that the average income is 15.000 euro so you have to pay almost 3.000 euro per year even if you dont move it!!

So everyone that has 2.000 cc car and more gave back the license plates and they dont have the right to move it!! OR they forced to sell it for half of the price market!!
Imagine a Honda CR-V of a friend 2009 model elegance with 2.000cc engine and automatic gearbox cost 38.000 euro and now they take it only for 7.000 euro!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it came today, 1/2 dsg Elegance, its been raining all day so i have not had the chance to really play,drove it about 20 miles and all seems well, give around 30mpg at the mo but guess that will improve as it beds in.
regards
Paul

1 - 15 of 15 Posts