Yeti Owners Club banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
That’s a bit harsh. I am told that it is the preferred colour of drug dealers’ Audi Q7s. 😀
White + Lamborghini = Drug Dealer!

Reactions: Trilux

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The Octy seems to have the most accurate speedo I've encountered and it is on a linear basis. Using the dashcam speed reading, the Octy speedo is consistently one mph higher than true speed. The Karoq was about 5% optimistic, so 70mph was actually 66mph.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Have received this email from Sinclairs Swansea:

Great news! We want your vehicle. | View Online
Dear Mr …..

Great news!
We want your vehicle

Registration number PK65…..

Due to unprecedented demand over the last few months, our current used car stocks are running low and we have customers waiting for top quality vehicles just like yours!

This increase in demand allows us to pay the very best prices for many vehicles as long as they meet the criteria below:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Jimmy, does your Octy still use the dsg gearbox while is electric mode? As you are aware, full electric cars have no gears and I wondered how this related to hybrids.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi...i have a question...the total traction power of the car is little less when battery is empty and the tsi engine charge the baterry and also provide the moving??

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jimmy, does your Octy still use the dsg gearbox while is electric mode? As you are aware, full electric cars have no gears and I wondered how this related to hybrids.
Yes the Octy uses the DSG in E-mode. The changes are almost unnoticeable as is the change from e to hybrid mode. Maximum acceleration from zero mpg is stunning - maximum e-power at low speed and then the engine continues to pull. I've only tried it once (today) when overtaking a JCB, otherwise 'running in'. Another benefit is the ability to 'creep' really slowly, so no more wheel slip when going up our steep drive. I'm also wondering whether it will assist in snow for the same reason - our Karoq spun its wheels when trying to go up the drive in snow.

Reactions: Slaphead

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi...i have a question...the total traction power of the car is little less when battery is empty and the tsi engine charge the baterry and also provide the moving??
Hello Laur. The 1.4 TSi engine produces 110kW and a max torque of 250Nm and the electric motor produces 85kW and 330Nm torque, so when the battery is discharged, the engine still provides plenty of power. When working together, the acceleration from 0 mph is awesome. The engine does not re-charge the battery as that would be inefficient, but when decelerating on hills or when approaching junctions, the regenerative braking does recharge the batttery. See Post 28 below.

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Today we travelled 83 miles. I always thought Skoda's figures for the battery range were optimistic, but because of the regenerative braking this is today's data: 83 miles, 90mpg and 38 miles on e-power. This is with climate control on at around 20 degrees. There is still half a tank of fuel left with a range of 230 miles after 342 miles since new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So...when the baterry is empty you can drive only with the tsi and a little with both after the baterry recharge a little because regenerative braking?

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
So...when the baterry is empty you can drive only with the tsi and a little with both after the baterry recharge a little because regenerative braking?
That's correct. The battery gains enough charge on regeneration to start the car moving at junctions.

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
I had the following from Meadens.
Must be a Skoda national ad.

Since re-opening the doors to our dealership we have been extremely busy. So busy in fact, our used car stocks are running low.
We know how much you love your current car and how well it's been looked after - so much so, we'd like to buy it back!
You can then decide what you do with the money.
However, with fantastic offers currently available on 21 plate vehicles you may be tempted to treat yourself to a new one!
Call 01590 682212 today for a valuation and we'll give you the best price possible.

Click To Call Us Now

View All Our Latest Offers Here

Meadens ŠKODA of Brockenhurst
B: 01590 623344

Meadens Mitsubishi of Sway
B: 01590 682212
You're receiving this email as a valued customer of Meadens Motor Group
Preferences | Unsubscribe

·
Registered
11 Posts
In conclusion i think is super to drive an iV. But...on highway for example i have to rely on tsi engine instead both.. 90 % from driving time. And when i need much power for a longer time and baterry is empty..i shall wait..

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have received this email from Sinclairs Swansea:

Great news! We want your vehicle. | View Online

Dear Mr …..

Great news!
We want your vehicle

Registration number PK65…..

Due to unprecedented demand over the last few months, our current used car stocks are running low and we have customers waiting for top quality vehicles just like yours!

This increase in demand allows us to pay the very best prices for many vehicles as long as they meet the criteria below:

Knowing Sinclairs they will want your vehicle but only at the lowest price to resell at their highest price!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the following from Meadens.
Must be a Skoda national ad.
View attachment 5742

Since re-opening the doors to our dealership we have been extremely busy. So busy in fact, our used car stocks are running low.
We know how much you love your current car and how well it's been looked after - so much so, we'd like to buy it back!
You can then decide what you do with the money.
However, with fantastic offers currently available on 21 plate vehicles you may be tempted to treat yourself to a new one!
Call 01590 682212 today for a valuation and we'll give you the best price possible.

Click To Call Us Now

View All Our Latest Offers Here

Meadens ŠKODA of Brockenhurst
B: 01590 623344

Meadens Mitsubishi of Sway
B: 01590 682212
You're receiving this email as a valued customer of Meadens Motor Group
Preferences | Unsubscribe
Yep, I had this from Meadens too. There's me thinking I'm special!😉

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Based on our former Yeti, registered in September 2014, assuming 7000 miles pa, the dealer would offer 9600-ish and then sell it on for 11000 - 12000-ish. I'd look at forecourt prices, then negotiate.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,242 Posts
Another benefit is the ability to 'creep' really slowly, so no more wheel slip when going up our steep drive. I'm also wondering whether it will assist in snow for the same reason - our Karoq spun its wheels when trying to go up the drive in snow.
Should do! The extra weight should also help with the traction aspect. As well as controllable torque (from the electric motor) from 1 rpm. So you have enough torque to move the vehicle at minimum wheel rotation speed. Those are the principles that tractors (and steam engines) work on anyway. :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
It should do Jimmy, if the Leaf is anything to go by. Extra lard and a super slow 'idle' creep as you take your foot off the brake seemed to work really well in the snow on all seasons :)

Spag

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,799 Posts
Should do! The extra weight should also help with the traction aspect. As well as controllable torque (from the electric motor) from 1 rpm. So you have enough torque to move the vehicle at minimum wheel rotation speed. Those are the principles that tractors (and steam engines) work on anyway. :)
We took the Niro to our classic car club meal yesterday evening (Midget is playing up and needs a new water pump) and had to park on the grass, and since it was raining hard the grass was decidedly wet. Driving off I just left the electric motor to trickle along and it coped even on the slight up-hill with no wheel slip at all.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
After a visit to my dealer for a faulty key fob, I have just part Xed my 2lt tdi 4x4 manual sportsline Karoq for a ........................

2lt tsi dsg 4x4 sportsline, with a bucket of add on's 😂 just need to play the waiting game again now. A good deal as they are low on second hand stock 😊

Had a drive of a 1.5 tsi dsg 4x4 while we were there, only a few made, that was a lovely drive .... if anyone is looking for one its a 2019 with 31k on the clock a lovely car.

Reactions: Jimmy and Robjon

·
Administrator
5,792 Posts
Well done Kevin, nice to see that you are popping in now and again and that you are still contributing to Skoda's profits. Not sure that it is the recommended fix for a faulty key fob though.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts