Yeti Owners Club banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
16,146 Posts
Hi Kevin, nice to see you on the forum, hopefully this one will not get an unscheduled mod by another driver. Looking forward to the write up.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Well done Kevin, nice to see that you are popping in now and again and that you are still contributing to Skoda's profits. Not sure that it is the recommended fix for a faulty key fob though.
last time it was a service that upset my wallet 😂
Main reason was for the DSG my travels involving a lot of traffic now

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Hi Kevin, nice to see you on the forum, hopefully this one will not get an unscheduled mod by another driver. Looking forward to the write up.
Hi Derek always look in now and again 👍

🤞on the modifications, god knows what her insurance is like now 😂 £11k plus to repair and 2 months car hire 😂that’s was one big bill.
Will post up my thoughts in September when it arrives 👍

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I've found another good feature of the iV's virtual display. When I change from mph to kph, the virtual speedometer as well as the numerical display show kph. I've also linked the clock to internet time via the SIM card, so now the clock is accurate.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm confident that we'll get well over 700 miles on one tank of fuel, which is 40 litres. Not bad for a 1.6 tonne vehicle!

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Thanks to my good friend Colin Lambert, this article reinforces our choice of the Octy iV. I should achieve my target of 800 miles on one tank of fuel this weekend.

Reactions: Robjon and Slaphead

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I've been able to calculate more accurately how much electricity is being used to charge the iV. This is based on our electricity use being fairly constant but does not include for the fact that the electricity was cheaper last year. At the last refuel the car had done 2630 miles and cost £162.34 for petrol and £96.88 for electricity or 9.9p/mile. When the cost goes down from 16.66p/kW hr to 5p/kW hr with Octopus Go off-peak electricity, this will reduce to £29.07, or assuming a 50/50 split between IC and e-power, 2630 miles for £191.41 or 7.3p/mile compared with £335.20 on petrol alone or 14p/mile. Our Karoq cost 17.8p/mile for fuel.

·
Administrator
16,146 Posts
That's not bad at all, a quick and dirty estimate for mine is 1.349 x 4.5 / 53 = 0.116p per mile. cost per ltr x conv to gall divided by overall mpg. The average of 52 mpg is across just over 110k miles.

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,213 Posts
0.116p per mile.
Hi Derek. Appreciate the comparison there.
Have you missed the £ to p conversion though?
Methinks you mean either £0.116/mile or 11.6p/mile? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Urrell

·
Administrator
16,146 Posts
Hi Derek. Appreciate the comparison there.
Have you missed the £ to p conversion though? Methinks you mean either £0.116/mile or 11.6p/mile? :)
That's what I put, see copy and paste blow.
Font Number Monochrome Circle Pattern

·
Premium Member
Yeti S+ 2010 2.0TDi CFHA 110 2WD Manual
7,213 Posts
Your figure of "0.116" is in £ though. Not p. That's all I'm saying. (y)
0.116p/mile would mean you were buying fuel at 1.349p/litre, not £1.349, or 134.9p/litre as I expect is stated on the pumps. ;)
It's merely about the £ or p, not the maths or the approximations.
"0.116p per mile" is optimistic by a factor of 100. :)
Pedanitic? Absolutely! I'd be overjoyed to have a fuel cost less than 1p/mile. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
Quite likely true! The "real" Stamford Bridge is a large village/small town between York and Hull and the site of the first battle for the realm of England in 1066. When Harold II beat off the invading Viking army of Harold Hadrada. Before speed marching his victorious army south for the other battle near Hastings 3 weeks later. When his exhausted army were famously beaten by William of Normandy, also a Scandinavian by birth and ancestry. But not till after Harold II had taken a fatal wound with an arrow through the eye (if the Bayeux Tapestry is accurate?)

It is debateable which of the three had the more legitimate claim on the English throne. All of them had some credibility.

As for a football ground in London? Does anyone care? :ROFLMAO:
Flintstone,
Octavia iV access depends on your height and condition of your back.
I am a tad over 6' with a bad back. I can fall into the Octavia but getting out is a real strain! Getting in and out at least 4 times a day (dog walking) + shopping etc. Put the Octavia right out as an option for me.
Jimmy is not as tall as I am.

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,787 Posts
Graham, Did you get my PM asking about your Kia? Or aren't you talking to me😢
Can't see a PM from you, so not ignoring you.
Try again please.

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Flintstone,
Octavia iV access depends on your height and condition of your back.
I am a tad over 6' with a bad back. I can fall into the Octavia but getting out is a real strain! Getting in and out at least 4 times a day (dog walking) + shopping etc. Put the Octavia right out as an option for me.
Jimmy is not as tall as I am.
About the only advantage of being a short a**e Colin!

41 - 58 of 58 Posts