Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The new F/L Yeti is a bit like Marmite (or Vegemite for those 'down under'
) and EVERYONE has an opinion. Lots have said that if they couldn't get a pre-F/L version then they would be spending their hard earned money elsewhere!

So what else have/would people consider? Surely the new Yeti is the same great Yeti that we all know and love. It still represents great value and a comfortable cabin, etc... - just with a different front-end.

Personally, after 18 months of happy Yeti ownership, I would still go for a Yeti....

I wonder if we look elsewhere we'll still come back to the Yeti?

Stephen

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
54 Posts
We should all be very grateful to whoever designed the Yeti having just seen the new Ford Edge and the niftily-named Mitsubishi GC-PHEV.When they made the Yeti they threw the mould away, when Ford made the Kuga they passed the mould to any other manufacturerthat wanted it.

JeremyG

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had a pre FL Yeti and now have a FL on order, looked at all the other SUVs but in the end came back to the old faithful - "if in ain't broke then don't fix it". I love the new front end BTW.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
As has been said already. Still the same vehicle just made to perform a little better.
According to the new owners manual, now with the first servicing not scheduled till "After the first 30,000 km or 2 years, then every 30,000 km or every 1 year". That has to be a crowd pleaser...ka-ching.
(Oil change service. According to the service interval display)

·
Administrator
13,126 Posts
30,ooo KM is around 18,000 miles which is the current setting for my Yeti, so that has not changed.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's double the distance and double the time for us, although oil changes are still at "set" intervals apart. So it will help spread the costs of ownership a bit. Someone like myself who doesn't cover 15,000 kilometres in 12 months, wouldn't need to have an unnecessary inspection service and oil change performed in the first year just to meet the warranty conditions, as I need to do now with my pre FL model. It also means that higher mileage vehicles can have fewer inspection services performed as time goes by. It will bring us more in line with the freedoms that you guys on variable service intervals enjoy already, while still being on set service intervals. Not being on variable services is quite a sore point to Aussie owners as most of us more than meet the conditions necessary for them.
Pug would be happy because their are also provisions for 5,000km oil change intervals. Maybe he will update?

Edited by: plbxr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts